The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Survivorship Survey & New Webinars

Forums Ocular Melanoma Community Survivorship Survey & New Webinars

Inactive

Dear MPIP Community,

Happy Halloween! I wanted to let you know about two important items happening with our education program right now:

1. The MRF is in the beginng stages of creating improved resources related to Melanoma Survivorship. We are working with a consulting firm to conduct a "needs assessment", part of which will include a survey of people who have had a melanoma diagnosis (any stage, any kind, any year) and their caregivers. I would be honored and so thankful if you would take the time to participate in our Survivorship Survey, as well as share the link with any patients or caregivers you know. Your feedback and insight will help us build a meaningful set of resources and information, and will also help the healthcare provider community better understand the needs of the melanoma survivor community. We are also looking for melanoma patients to participate in an interview with our consulting firm. If you are interested in sharing your experiences in that way, as well, please contact me at [email protected]

2. As you may know, we are continuously adding educational webinars to our portfolio of resources. We have recently recorded a mucosal melanoma webinar series, as well as a monocular vision webinar series. I invite you to view these webinars, or webinars on other topics on our Educational Webinars page. 

If you have any questions about these items, or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected]!. Thank you for all you continue to do to help the melanoma community.

Best,

Shelby – MRF 

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi Shelby, Happy Halloween to you and the rest of the MRF Staff and family!!!, hell we’re ALL Family! I just wanted to thank you for all you do and “have done” through the years, youve been with MRF a long time, longer then most of us here on this side of the forum! Thanks again sis, you Rock!
            Anonymous
            Inactive
              Thank you for the kind words, Mike 🙂 We appreciate you and all of our MPIPers!
              Shelby – MRF
            gopher38
            Participant
              Hello Shelby,

Just to echo what Mike said, this site and community has been been a big help to me over the last 18 months and to many others. A very sincere thank you for your support and assistance.

Warren

Anonymous
                Inactive
                  Thanks, Warren! It is our pleasure! We hate that you HAD to find us, but so glad you did 🙂
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Amen to the sentiments above! You KNOW you are my hero! Have a great weekend! Celeste
                    Anonymous
                    Inactive
                      Thanks, Celeste! Hugs!
                    lkb
                    Participant
                      Thank you, Shelby. This patient forum is immensely helpful to me. I took the survey.
                      All best,
                      Lisa
                        Anonymous
                        Inactive
                          Thank you so much, Lisa! We really appreciate it!
                    Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics