The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Survivors

Forums Caregiver Community Survivors

Participant
      "You never gave up/and you never gave in/and you never said, "No, I can't take anymore of this…."

To all of you on this board:  whatever stage you are, whatever your current health situation, please know that you are indeed a survivor and a warrior.  Will proudly described himself as a cancer survivor even though he knew – we all did – that it was extraordinarily likely he would die from the melanoma eventually.  But until his last breath, he was a cancer indeed a cancer survivor and now is – as Jenna's mother des

"You never gave up/and you never gave in/and you never said, "No, I can't take anymore of this…."

To all of you on this board:  whatever stage you are, whatever your current health situation, please know that you are indeed a survivor and a warrior.  Will proudly described himself as a cancer survivor even though he knew – we all did – that it was extraordinarily likely he would die from the melanoma eventually.  But until his last breath, he was a cancer indeed a cancer survivor and now is – as Jenna's mother described her NED. 

There have been a lot of losses & difficult times on this board.  Those of us who are or have been immersed in this fight know well the fear, the pain, the uncertainty, the depression, the terror and the pain of this disease.  Those are very real.  But just as real is the courage, the love, the devotion, the support, the hope – of everyone, patients, caregivers, loved ones – on this journey.  You are all survivors.  You are all possessors of that beautiful definition of courage – grace under pressure. 

I wish all of you a good Thanksgiving, and I cannot tell you how thankful I have been, through the most painful year of my life, for all of your help & support.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

Beautifully said.  Thank you, Lori.

KatyWI

KatyWI
          Participant

Beautifully said.  Thank you, Lori.

KatyWI

debbieVA
            Participant

God bless……Well said.

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
              Participant

God bless……Well said.

Debbie Stage 4 NED

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

A beautiful posts by a wonderful and beautiful Lady.

JerryfromFauq

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

A beautiful posts by a wonderful and beautiful Lady.

JerryfromFauq

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics