The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Survived Another CT scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Survived Another CT scan

Participant
      I just had my now biannual CT scan. Nothing of note to be found. The conditional survival curves tell me the numbers are looking a little better even though I know there is guarantee. I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Melanoma in 04/2009. Had 2 positive nodes with microscopic disease but an ulcerated lesion. Had 2 weeks of the pity party but then moved on. I cursed the Meyer-Kaplan curves did. I know my tumor biology would determine the future and I have no control over that. It is the luck of the draw. I did the full year of interferon. Now 2 years later I sleep peacefully.

I just had my now biannual CT scan. Nothing of note to be found. The conditional survival curves tell me the numbers are looking a little better even though I know there is guarantee. I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB Melanoma in 04/2009. Had 2 positive nodes with microscopic disease but an ulcerated lesion. Had 2 weeks of the pity party but then moved on. I cursed the Meyer-Kaplan curves did. I know my tumor biology would determine the future and I have no control over that. It is the luck of the draw. I did the full year of interferon. Now 2 years later I sleep peacefully. I read the posts here at least once a week. I have to stay vigilant and read on the subject. None of know what the future holds. Sometimes I get teary eyed late at night when I read the heart wrenching stories here. My heart goes out to all desperately fighting for more time with their loved ones. One of reasons some of us come here is to read about the success stories. Hope is our most powerful ally. I post here today to remind everyone there is hope. Don’t give up. Hug those close to you. None of us know what tomorrow will bring but treasure the day.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        awg
        Participant

Great post and much needed and appreciated!

Thank You,

Allen

awg
          Participant

Great post and much needed and appreciated!

Thank You,

Allen

lhaley
            Participant

Love your great news!!

Linda

Stage IV

lhaley
              Participant

Love your great news!!

Linda

Stage IV

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Amen. Don't ever give up, thanks for your words and your news!  I've been 3b since a little later in 2008 and ned since then too. Keep it up!.

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Amen. Don't ever give up, thanks for your words and your news!  I've been 3b since a little later in 2008 and ned since then too. Keep it up!.

Lord, in Your mercy. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

King
                    Participant

Nice post.  I'm very happy that you are doing well.  We all need to hear the good news stories.  I agree….hang onto hope.

Stay Strong
                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Nice post.  I'm very happy that you are doing well.  We all need to hear the good news stories.  I agree….hang onto hope.

Stay Strong
                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics