The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

surgery tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community surgery tomorrow

Participant

I am having a broncoscopy with a needle biopsy tomorrow to see  and probably also lymph nodes removed from around my windpipe to see if my cancer is back, or to defintely be diagosed with sarcoid.

I am having a broncoscopy with a needle biopsy tomorrow to see  and probably also lymph nodes removed from around my windpipe to see if my cancer is back, or to defintely be diagosed with sarcoid.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Colleen66
        Participant

Wishing you a comfortable procedure and speedy recovery 

Colleen 

Colleen66
          Participant

Colleen 

Colleen66
            Participant

Colleen 

aldakota22
              Participant

Prayers sent that all goes better than expected today.Beat the Beast.Keep us updated Al

aldakota22
                Participant

Prayers sent that all goes better than expected today.Beat the Beast.Keep us updated Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

steelergirl
                    Participant

The needle biopsy came back negative.  the doctor couldn't get to the nodule in my lung, so he quit that part. the surgeon took out a few lymph nodes from around my windpipe and they came back negative, so he went in and took more, a larger sample.  I should get the results on that Friday or Monday.  I see my onc Monday morning.  I am very sore.  They did the cut just above my breast bone, and I am sore from there down to my butt muscles.  It hurts to cough.  I am taking tomorrow off as well from work.

On the 25th of this month, I will be 5 1/2 years NED. I am praying that i still am.

steelergirl
                      Participant

The needle biopsy came back negative.  the doctor couldn't get to the nodule in my lung, so he quit that part. the surgeon took out a few lymph nodes from around my windpipe and they came back negative, so he went in and took more, a larger sample.  I should get the results on that Friday or Monday.  I see my onc Monday morning.  I am very sore.  They did the cut just above my breast bone, and I am sore from there down to my butt muscles.  It hurts to cough.  I am taking tomorrow off as well from work.

On the 25th of this month, I will be 5 1/2 years NED. I am praying that i still am.

steelergirl
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics