The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Surgery Friday – recurrance #6

Forums General Melanoma Community Surgery Friday – recurrance #6

Participant

Since my PET that showed a spot on my arm and then follow up, it has been detected that I have another spot on my arm. Specifically by the ulnar nerve – the funny bone, just not so funny. Surgery will be Friday, we go to Charlotte Thursday for Pre-op tests and will be home Friday night.  There is not concensus if it is a node or a soft tissue tumor. It depends on the final pathology if they will follow up with radiation or not and if  able to be isolated from the nerve. 

Since my PET that showed a spot on my arm and then follow up, it has been detected that I have another spot on my arm. Specifically by the ulnar nerve – the funny bone, just not so funny. Surgery will be Friday, we go to Charlotte Thursday for Pre-op tests and will be home Friday night.  There is not concensus if it is a node or a soft tissue tumor. It depends on the final pathology if they will follow up with radiation or not and if  able to be isolated from the nerve. 

Remaining positive. Keep reminding myself that the lungs remain stable and the report even thought that the nodules had shrunk. I'll belive it's lung junk if the next scan or so remains the same.  I've always believed in surgery, at least in my case so I'm glad that once more they are cherry picking. 

I might look like swiss cheese but looking forward to be able to post NED!

Linda

Stage IV since 06  -breast, bladder (twice), node behind clavicle, node in arm, and now by the ulnar nerve

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Good Luck Linda.  You had a feeling something was there, darn you were right.  Let's hope it's in the soft tissue. 

I know what you mean about swiss cheese.  although I am not even as close to as serious as you, I just came from the derm again today to have another BC removed.  I now Have a scare on ankle, thigh, waist, and under arm….that's just the right side….don't even look at the stomach.  I said I was going to have an ivy tattoo from ankle to under arm to match scars.  Stomach is connect the dots.

Good Luck and keep fighting.

Mary.

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

Good Luck Linda.  You had a feeling something was there, darn you were right.  Let's hope it's in the soft tissue. 

I know what you mean about swiss cheese.  although I am not even as close to as serious as you, I just came from the derm again today to have another BC removed.  I now Have a scare on ankle, thigh, waist, and under arm….that's just the right side….don't even look at the stomach.  I said I was going to have an ivy tattoo from ankle to under arm to match scars.  Stomach is connect the dots.

Good Luck and keep fighting.

Mary.

Stage 3

ValinMtl
            Participant

Dear Linda, I will be thinking of you on Friday.  Cherry picking definitely seems to be the way for you and so far your surgeon has held up his end of the bargain!!!  Looking forward to you being NED again real soon.  Val xx

ValinMtl
              Participant

Dear Linda, I will be thinking of you on Friday.  Cherry picking definitely seems to be the way for you and so far your surgeon has held up his end of the bargain!!!  Looking forward to you being NED again real soon.  Val xx

King
                Participant

Linda,

Good thoughts and prayers are going your way.  I'm a big believer in surgery as well…of course, when it's an option.  Keep us posted. 

Stay Strong
                  King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Linda,

Good thoughts and prayers are going your way.  I'm a big believer in surgery as well…of course, when it's an option.  Keep us posted. 

Stay Strong
                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

melissa ann
                    Participant

Hi Linda.  I have been reading the board for a long time but have never posted.  I have been wanting to reply to you bacause you and my husband are with the same doctors in Charlotte.  We are currently in ICU at CMC while he recieves his 4th week of IL2.  That would be Course 2, cycle 2.  So far he seems to be responding and Dr. Amin and Dr. White are cautiously optimistic.  I will soon post his full "story."  I just wanted to wish you well, good luck on Friday and know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you.  We also did the "cherry picking" approach and it led to almost 6 years of NED until January of this year.  Positive thoughts being sent your way! 

melissa ann
                      Participant

Hi Linda.  I have been reading the board for a long time but have never posted.  I have been wanting to reply to you bacause you and my husband are with the same doctors in Charlotte.  We are currently in ICU at CMC while he recieves his 4th week of IL2.  That would be Course 2, cycle 2.  So far he seems to be responding and Dr. Amin and Dr. White are cautiously optimistic.  I will soon post his full "story."  I just wanted to wish you well, good luck on Friday and know that my thoughts and prayers will be with you.  We also did the "cherry picking" approach and it led to almost 6 years of NED until January of this year.  Positive thoughts being sent your way! 

lhaley
                          Participant

I hope your husband is a complete responder! Both Dr. Amin and Dr. White have been very wonderful with me. I also see Dr. Kris Gaston who is a urology oncologist at CMC. Have you seen Sandy, Dr. White's nurse lately?  I was told that she is now in the main hospital. I'm going to miss calling her whenever I have any scares!  I was wondering if she had moved over to the IL2 unit.

Please let us know how he does and thank you for the good wishes.

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

I hope your husband is a complete responder! Both Dr. Amin and Dr. White have been very wonderful with me. I also see Dr. Kris Gaston who is a urology oncologist at CMC. Have you seen Sandy, Dr. White's nurse lately?  I was told that she is now in the main hospital. I'm going to miss calling her whenever I have any scares!  I was wondering if she had moved over to the IL2 unit.

Please let us know how he does and thank you for the good wishes.

Linda

BethA in VA
                            Participant

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery Linda.  Keep your positive attitude, as it has obviously helped you so far.  Can't wait till you post NED!!  Prayers and good wishes to you.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                              Participant

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery Linda.  Keep your positive attitude, as it has obviously helped you so far.  Can't wait till you post NED!!  Prayers and good wishes to you.  Beth 3/B

ShariC
                                Participant

Good Luck Linda!  I'll be thinking about you Friday and hoping for good results!!  – Shari

ShariC
                                  Participant

Good Luck Linda!  I'll be thinking about you Friday and hoping for good results!!  – Shari

Carol Taylor
                                    Participant

Linda,

Will be praying all goes well Friday and this is it! One thing about being "swiss cheese"…you're holey…does that make you "God approved"? OK, verrrryyyyy little cancer humor.

Lord, in Your mercy, be with Linda and hold her hand Friday and guide her medical team. Pour Your healing power in and over her and bring her peace at this time. Thank You. Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                      Participant

Linda,

Will be praying all goes well Friday and this is it! One thing about being "swiss cheese"…you're holey…does that make you "God approved"? OK, verrrryyyyy little cancer humor.

Lord, in Your mercy, be with Linda and hold her hand Friday and guide her medical team. Pour Your healing power in and over her and bring her peace at this time. Thank You. Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

dian in spokane
                                        Participant

good luck girl! you know I'll be thinking about you.

nice chatting the other night

dian

dian in spokane
                                          Participant

good luck girl! you know I'll be thinking about you.

nice chatting the other night

dian

NicOz
                                            Participant

I'm also a big fan of cherry picking, hun… though would much have preferred there was no cherry to pick from you ๐Ÿ™ Am also looking forward to your next NED posting. Am sure your sense of humour will remain, regardless of the removal of anything to do with your 'funny bone'.

Will be thinking of you (goes without saying) and sending positive thoughts for a smooth surgery and quick (and with minimal pain and/or discomfort) recovery- good thing you got those cuddles in with the granbabies this weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thinking of you

Nic

xxx

NicOz
                                              Participant

I'm also a big fan of cherry picking, hun… though would much have preferred there was no cherry to pick from you ๐Ÿ™ Am also looking forward to your next NED posting. Am sure your sense of humour will remain, regardless of the removal of anything to do with your 'funny bone'.

Will be thinking of you (goes without saying) and sending positive thoughts for a smooth surgery and quick (and with minimal pain and/or discomfort) recovery- good thing you got those cuddles in with the granbabies this weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thinking of you

Nic

xxx

FormerCaregiver
                                                Participant

Sorry to read of the tumour near the ulnar nerve. Surgery is certainly the best way of
                                                  achieving NED.

Wishing you good luck and a quick recovery.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                  Participant

Sorry to read of the tumour near the ulnar nerve. Surgery is certainly the best way of
                                                    achieving NED.

Wishing you good luck and a quick recovery.

Frank from Australia

Sherron
                                                    Participant

Lilnda, I will be thinking of you…sending you hugs, love and prayers….I said I was going to take a break from being here, b ut so hard to make  myself stay away…..because I care,but I think it is hindering my healing a bit….

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

FormerCaregiver
                                                        Participant

Sherron, I have some idea of how you are feeling. When I lost my wife to this horrible
                                                          disease, I wanted to forget about anything to do with melanoma. However, I soon discovered
                                                          that I couldn't forget those who had also been affected by it.

I found that talking to others really helped. So, please don't stay away for too long as
                                                          there are a lot of great people here who care about you.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                          Participant

Sherron, I have some idea of how you are feeling. When I lost my wife to this horrible
                                                            disease, I wanted to forget about anything to do with melanoma. However, I soon discovered
                                                            that I couldn't forget those who had also been affected by it.

I found that talking to others really helped. So, please don't stay away for too long as
                                                            there are a lot of great people here who care about you.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Sherron
                                                          Participant

Lilnda, I will be thinking of you…sending you hugs, love and prayers….I said I was going to take a break from being here, b ut so hard to make  myself stay away…..because I care,but I think it is hindering my healing a bit….

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics