The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

sunscreen question

Forums General Melanoma Community sunscreen question

Participant

Hi. I hope it is okay to ask here. Does anyone have any recommendations for spf 30+ sunscreen in bulk? I am looking for something for my husband and kids to use daily. We will probably going through a fair share of it with three kids and two adults and the store bought ones seems to only come in small amounts for a hefty price. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        cancersnewnormal
        Participant

Sunscreen prices make me insane. I wish i had a good tip on wholesale batches. Unfortunately, in the long run, it may be less expensive to look into some UV protective clothing for you and your husband. They do make it for kids too… but with them still growing, you'll be going through stuff faster than it can be worn out. That said, it might be easier to get them to wear the protective sleeves and clothing than it is to get them to reapply sunscreen as regularly as is needed. Personally, I'd like to see my insurance company cost share on sunscreen for me, as they would any of the prescription drugs I need. "Medically diagnosed melanoma patient with a doctors prescription? $10 copay… here's your jug of spf 50."

Linny
          Participant

I second the notion of UV protective clothing/swimwear. Coolibar and Land's End have sales, so you should be able to get some good deals. 

MikeInAK
            Participant

I too use protective clothing, but of course have to use sunscreen on exposed face and hands.   I have liked the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch broad-spectrum sunscreen in the SPF 55 to 70 range.  I have used this for years, on my determatologist's recommendation.   

I was in COSTCO today here in Anchorage, and they had a featured item of a two-pack of 5oz tubes of Neutrogena SPF 55 for $10.   Thats about half the cost of what I usally pay, so thought I would pass that on.   

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics