The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sunscreen in schools

Forums General Melanoma Community Sunscreen in schools

• Replies
      adriana cooper
      Participant

Duh, I missed this on the front page from last month, Guess I should visit there more often. :>) 

https://www.melanoma.org/about-us/news-press-room/blog/take-action-students-need-sunscreen-school

Rob

Bubbles
        Participant

Hey Rob, 

a.  You're right!  

b.  You've been a little busy/

c.  How you and Adriana do'in???

d.  How's the poopage?

Big hugs to you both!!! love, c

adriana cooper
            Participant

C. Actually amazingly well. The woman has drive to fight back. We have booked a trip to Los Angeles mid June for a grad present for our son and daughter. Hope to keep going forward from here https://youtu.be/b6W3B3dJk3Y

D. Still on the Yo-Yo but mostly under control. Yea.

She thought it was pretty funny to shock me last night (so did I), she was in bed when I left the room for a few minutes and when I came back in she was sitting in the chair that had its wheels locked and was 5 feet across the room waiting to go in to the bathroom (walker was out side.) I glanced through the hallway without a thought and was like wait–whaaa. Like seeing a ghost or something??? I think she has been getting up dancing around and spying on me when I leave the room for quite some time. surprise

Did I mention off hospice April 17 so as to refill and continue Taf/Mek? Seems to be helping and I think the radiation wasn't a total failure.

She was thinking outloud today that she might like to have some MRI scans to monitor her brain and spine and maybe have the ability to have some Gamma Knife if needed in the future. I'm not sure her current Dr. would agree as he seems to suggest when (if) things turn back around there is no fix.

After all this, still hard to accept this way of thinking given her resiliency

Take care. Nice outfits  and photos you have been making

Rob and Adriana

marta010
              Participant

What an amazing video!  As a caretaker, I'm always amazed at the resiliancy of long term fighters who are able to battle back after significant setbacks!  Hope the forward progress continues.

Ann

Bubbles
                Participant

OMG!!!!  Adrian, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep it up, girl!!!  I love it!  Thanks for sharing, Rob. Glad you are continuing the taf/mek.  Sorry you had to loose your support to do it.  She's so awesome…it is hard to know what to do next!!  Thanks, for the compliments.  A girl has to be silly and play sometimes!!  Just ask Adriana!!! I am so excited for your trip!!  Keep us posted! love, c

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics