The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sunday in EMR

Forums General Melanoma Community Sunday in EMR

Participant

Earlier in the week they had tried to further wean the steroids.  At one point I had to have my husband hold my hand for me to walk, they had tried to quickly to wean me off.   So then I was feeling better when Sat night the headache started. I felt as if someone had also punched me in the teeth and sinus – like it started originally.   Sunday morning I knew I had to call the DR.  

Earlier in the week they had tried to further wean the steroids.  At one point I had to have my husband hold my hand for me to walk, they had tried to quickly to wean me off.   So then I was feeling better when Sat night the headache started. I felt as if someone had also punched me in the teeth and sinus – like it started originally.   Sunday morning I knew I had to call the DR.  

The MRI showed no change since the 10TH!!   While I would have like to see it shrink (SRS 2 weeks earlier) I knew it was still early. But no bleeding and no growth. The other 2 scans had shown 1cm bleed before so now to us that was good news.

The nuerosurgeon has scheduled the next MRI on the 21st. Will talk after the MRI and decide if he will immediately do the crainectomy – he said that to him there must be some shrinkage at that point.    This will just be a few days before Thanksgiving. I sure do hope that will be home and cooking dinner because will have had a beginning response!

They are keeping me 1/2 of a tablet in am and 1/2 in the pm. They are waiting another week before we try to lower the level a little.  Meanwhile I was told that no headache is acceptable.  That is gone but still  having some teeth issue.  I think I now have added some sores in the mouth and this has added.  

Feel pretty good today, and hope this continues!

Linda

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lindahaley

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Praying for your Dear Lady!

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Rebecca and Bob
              Participant

Linda,

We are praying for you. I hope you get good news after your next MRI on the 21st. You deserve to be cooking for Thanksgiving, not dealing with this.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                Participant

Linda,

We are praying for you. I hope you get good news after your next MRI on the 21st. You deserve to be cooking for Thanksgiving, not dealing with this.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                  Participant

Linda,

Rebecca

gabsound
                    Participant
                      Linda,

How generous of you to post all this helpful information with all that you have going on. I was heartbroken when I read your post about progressing. You are a fighter and I admire that greatly.

Hope things get turned around in a better direction.

Julie in las Vegas

gabsound
                      Participant
                        Linda,

How generous of you to post all this helpful information with all that you have going on. I was heartbroken when I read your post about progressing. You are a fighter and I admire that greatly.

Julie in las Vegas

gabsound
                        Participant
                          Linda,

Julie in las Vegas

triciad
                          Participant

Linda,

You are always in my prayers.  Keep the positive attitude…this is going to work…I can feel it!!!!

Tricia

NYKaren
                              Participant

Linda, you are always in my thoughts too.  You're an inspiration to me.

love ya,

karen

NYKaren
                                Participant

love ya,

karen

NYKaren
                                  Participant

love ya,

karen

triciad
                                  Participant

Linda,

You are always in my prayers.  Keep the positive attitude…this is going to work…I can feel it!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Linda,

Tricia

Dynasysman
                                      Participant

Hang tough, Linda,  a worldful of fellow warriors are sending healing thoughts, prayers, and vibes your way.

I'll be focusing on you being home to cook T'giving every morning and evening.

Best,

Roger

Dynasysman
                                        Participant

Hang tough, Linda,  a worldful of fellow warriors are sending healing thoughts, prayers, and vibes your way.

Best,

Roger

Dynasysman
                                          Participant

Best,

Roger

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics