The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sugar vs. Stevia

Forums General Melanoma Community Sugar vs. Stevia

Participant

I'm a believer in the least amount of sugar in my diet.  I do supplement at times with Stevia.  Since Stevia is a natural sugar like regular sugar, should I cut it out of my diet too?  I otherwise have a very healthy diet.  I eat gluten free, mostly whole foods.  Very little processed food.  I eat fruits, vegetables,  nuts, seeds, eggs, limited beef, chicken, fish and rice and rice noodles.  I also use supplements to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Sugar vs. Stevia.

Thank you 

Colleen 

I'm a believer in the least amount of sugar in my diet.  I do supplement at times with Stevia.  Since Stevia is a natural sugar like regular sugar, should I cut it out of my diet too?  I otherwise have a very healthy diet.  I eat gluten free, mostly whole foods.  Very little processed food.  I eat fruits, vegetables,  nuts, seeds, eggs, limited beef, chicken, fish and rice and rice noodles.  I also use supplements to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Sugar vs. Stevia.

Thank you 

Colleen 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Here is the deal, Stevia is has been linked to lymphoma (some study I read about a while ago whilst researching the same thing).

Other than that, your diet sounds perfect.  As a rule I find that staying active and eating smaller amounts is good for almost everything, (and it allows you to have a treat here and there) 

Be well.

John

jag
          Participant

Here is the deal, Stevia is has been linked to lymphoma (some study I read about a while ago whilst researching the same thing).

Other than that, your diet sounds perfect.  As a rule I find that staying active and eating smaller amounts is good for almost everything, (and it allows you to have a treat here and there) 

Be well.

John

jag
            Participant

Be well.

John

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics