The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

SUFFERING FROM HEADACHES,BLURRY VISION after chemo

Forums General Melanoma Community SUFFERING FROM HEADACHES,BLURRY VISION after chemo

Participant

Need help..suffering from headaches and major blurry vision. This is after 3 rounds of IPI and now on Dacarbazone.. Going back and forth. Taking steroids help the matter but I have been on roids for 3 months. Not good. When I lower the roids, symptoms get worse. Eye dr. says I have inc. eye pressure (taking drops). Onc. doesnt know, neurol doesnt know.

what do I do if they dont know. Any thoughts. Please!!!

Need help..suffering from headaches and major blurry vision. This is after 3 rounds of IPI and now on Dacarbazone.. Going back and forth. Taking steroids help the matter but I have been on roids for 3 months. Not good. When I lower the roids, symptoms get worse. Eye dr. says I have inc. eye pressure (taking drops). Onc. doesnt know, neurol doesnt know.

what do I do if they dont know. Any thoughts. Please!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Angela C
        Participant

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time! It's really not fun when your vision is messed up. I myself just experienced high eye pressures as a result of Yervoy. They started me on a bunch of drops and then slowly weaned me off of them. This past Monday they finally took me off all of the drops. They are reporting my case to the FDA because they feel it is related to the drug and is not currently listed as a possible side effect.

I was having a lot of blurry vision, but once they started me on the drops, it cleared up within a day or two. Sorry to hear that the drops haven't helped with the blurry vision. Have they helped to bring your eye pressures down? Are you going to an optometrist or opthamologist? You might try and get into an opthamologist if it's just an optometrist because they have more training.

I hope they can figure out your vision soon!

~Angela

Angela C
          Participant

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time! It's really not fun when your vision is messed up. I myself just experienced high eye pressures as a result of Yervoy. They started me on a bunch of drops and then slowly weaned me off of them. This past Monday they finally took me off all of the drops. They are reporting my case to the FDA because they feel it is related to the drug and is not currently listed as a possible side effect.

I was having a lot of blurry vision, but once they started me on the drops, it cleared up within a day or two. Sorry to hear that the drops haven't helped with the blurry vision. Have they helped to bring your eye pressures down? Are you going to an optometrist or opthamologist? You might try and get into an opthamologist if it's just an optometrist because they have more training.

~Angela

Angela C
            Participant

~Angela

KatyWI
              Participant

Rocco had eye issues on Ipi.  There are other threads where she mentions it but this is what I found searching just now.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/rocco-scan-results

KatyWI
                Participant

Rocco had eye issues on Ipi.  There are other threads where she mentions it but this is what I found searching just now.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/rocco-scan-results

KatyWI
                  Participant

NYKaren
                      Participant

Hi j.m.l,

I notice you go to Sloan too.  I am curious, do you go the opthamologist there, Dr. David Abramson?   I am asking both for you and because my regular opth. saw "a tiny spot" on my retina, so he refered me to Dr. Abramson, and I was wondering what others on the board think/thought of him. 

I hope your symptoms abate soon.

take care,

karen

NYKaren
                        Participant

Hi j.m.l,

I notice you go to Sloan too.  I am curious, do you go the opthamologist there, Dr. David Abramson?   I am asking both for you and because my regular opth. saw "a tiny spot" on my retina, so he refered me to Dr. Abramson, and I was wondering what others on the board think/thought of him. 

take care,

karen

j.m.l.
                          Participant

I did go to the optham there, Dr.  Heineman. He gave me drops to lower the pressure, went on vacation and that was that.. I am suffering so I will go to my own optham Mon or Tues. Theres not much doubt that IPI caused the blurry vision and now muscle weakness. unfort. the ipi did not work for me. It did rev the immune system but the tumor is growing.

It seems that sloan has dropped the ball in providing ongoing care for the side effects. very disappointed.

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                            Participant

I did go to the optham there, Dr.  Heineman. He gave me drops to lower the pressure, went on vacation and that was that.. I am suffering so I will go to my own optham Mon or Tues. Theres not much doubt that IPI caused the blurry vision and now muscle weakness. unfort. the ipi did not work for me. It did rev the immune system but the tumor is growing.

It seems that sloan has dropped the ball in providing ongoing care for the side effects. very disappointed.

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                              Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                  Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                    Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                      Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                        Participant

good luck to you

j.m.l.
                                          Participant

good luck to you

NYKaren
                                            Participant

Good luck w/your appointment.  Hope you post the results.

Who is your onc. at Sloan?

karen

NYKaren
                                              Participant

karen

j.m.l.
                                                Participant

thanks for your concern. I will post the results. Must get eye vision under control. also other side effects must be addressed.

good luck, JML

j.m.l.
                                                  Participant

thanks for your concern. I will post the results. Must get eye vision under control. also other side effects must be addressed.

good luck, JML

j.m.l.
                                                    Participant

good luck, JML

NYKaren
                                                      Participant

karen

NYKaren
                                                        Participant

Hi j.m.l,

take care,

karen

davidfromsingapore
                                                        Participant

i have blurred vision in right eye – but most likely due to crani or RSS.  I have read a few posts about ipi and eye pressure and vision.  I do hope these problems get resolved.  they can be very frustrating.  I also have problems hearing which i find the most annoying of all.  Feels like I am going crazy and very difficult to be in noisy places.  Docs think could be due to roids.  Tappering soon – so I will let you know. 

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                          Participant

i have blurred vision in right eye – but most likely due to crani or RSS.  I have read a few posts about ipi and eye pressure and vision.  I do hope these problems get resolved.  they can be very frustrating.  I also have problems hearing which i find the most annoying of all.  Feels like I am going crazy and very difficult to be in noisy places.  Docs think could be due to roids.  Tappering soon – so I will let you know. 

David

davidfromsingapore
                                                            Participant

David

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics