The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sudden changes since Friday: update

Forums General Melanoma Community Sudden changes since Friday: update

Participant

update: now dad is not talking at all. he does grunt, cough, and sigh. i think that is his way of communicating. he makes good eye contact. i am pretty sure he hears us and understands. i am taking all of your comments to heart and it is comforting. thank you. i appreciate it and i am grateful.

mom and i are embracing each other and filling their home with love.

blessings and love, ~michelle

update: now dad is not talking at all. he does grunt, cough, and sigh. i think that is his way of communicating. he makes good eye contact. i am pretty sure he hears us and understands. i am taking all of your comments to heart and it is comforting. thank you. i appreciate it and i am grateful.

mom and i are embracing each other and filling their home with love.

blessings and love, ~michelle

Suddenly Dad is too weak to get out of bed. He can barely talk now. He is off of all treatment. Hospice is on board and full time aids. We are so sad but there is a lot of love surrounding us.

We wish we knew how long. No one knows.

We wish he could tell us what he is thinking. He either can't. Or won't.

This is so hard.

Sending love and light to all. ~Michelle

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        natasha
        Participant

My aunt who grew me up had cancer  , couple of last days she was unconscious and did not realise what was going on.

Suddenly she opened eyes once and said :'' I am afraid of duying ..''

I said her – it is not death ,it is beginning of new life. That night she passed away.

I saw her in my dream later – smiling and happy ..

My heart goes out for you ..

I am sending you my love  . We never dye , we will live with God forever

meeshka6059
            Participant

bless your heart for that message natasha. thank you. ~m

meeshka6059
              Participant

meeshka6059
                Participant

natasha
                Participant

My aunt who grew me up had cancer  , couple of last days she was unconscious and did not realise what was going on.

I said her – it is not death ,it is beginning of new life. That night she passed away.

natasha
                  Participant

susanr
                    Participant

Oh Michelle,  I am so sorry….I truly mean it.  I know i told you this but know exactly what you are going through.  I hope your Dad is comfortable.  He may not be telling you what he thinks because maybe he don't want to worry you and he sounds like a strong man.  Give him the right to speak or not speak…give him the control.  Just let him know you love him and we all will meet up again in a better place.  Like I said before,  grant him his wishes.  If he want s to go to the doctor then do it.  Don't let hospice or the doctors dictate.  The word hospice is scary to us. Let him know that he can change the staus and go to a doctor if he wants or if he wants The man upstairs to take the path.

I am sorry.

Susan…Sister of Peter who entered heaven 12/6/2012

deardad
                        Participant
                          Im sorry Michelle, its a very sad time, i really understand what you are going through. My dad couldnt communicate at the end either but let him know you love him and your there. Knowing they are not alone and lived i am told is very comforting. My thoughts are with you at this time. Nahmi
                          deardad
                          Participant
                            Im sorry Michelle, its a very sad time, i really understand what you are going through. My dad couldnt communicate at the end either but let him know you love him and your there. Knowing they are not alone and lived i am told is very comforting. My thoughts are with you at this time. Nahmi
                            deardad
                            Participant
                            susanr
                            Participant

Oh Michelle,  I am so sorry….I truly mean it.  I know i told you this but know exactly what you are going through.  I hope your Dad is comfortable.  He may not be telling you what he thinks because maybe he don't want to worry you and he sounds like a strong man.  Give him the right to speak or not speak…give him the control.  Just let him know you love him and we all will meet up again in a better place.  Like I said before,  grant him his wishes.  If he want s to go to the doctor then do it.  Don't let hospice or the doctors dictate.  The word hospice is scary to us. Let him know that he can change the staus and go to a doctor if he wants or if he wants The man upstairs to take the path.

I am sorry.

susanr
                              Participant

I am sorry.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics