The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Success on combo Taf/Mek!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Success on combo Taf/Mek!!!

Participant

Stage IV as of August 2015, started the combo drug in September.  I had mild side affects, fatigue main issue. This winter was tough, picked up every bug – colds- flu finally ended up with pneumonia.  I had a pet scan the end of February and saw my oncologist……drum roll.  The combo drugs worked!  I had two tumors, on in my lymph node under my arm and reoccurring tumor in my right groin.  Both are gone and there is no signs of any active cancer cells.  My oncologist said for now I'm in remission.  They took me off the combo drug while I was recovering from pneumonia and have a short "holiday" but will start back in a week.  I can handle the side affects if the combo drug keeps working. Yippee

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        keepthefaith11
        Participant
          Wonderful!!! Congratulations on beating the beast!
          keepthefaith11
          Participant
            keepthefaith11
            Participant
              Maria C
              Participant

Thrilled to hear and how exciting you've experienced so much progress in such a short time. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your "holiday"!!!

Maria C
                Participant

Thrilled to hear and how exciting you've experienced so much progress in such a short time. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your "holiday"!!!

Maria C
                  Participant

DZnDef
                    Participant

Congratulations, Jaco, that's really great news!

DZnDef
                      Participant

DZnDef
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics