The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still no news-what do you think?

Forums General Melanoma Community Still no news-what do you think?

Participant

Had CT abdomen/pelvis and chest xray on Tues 3/8 (a week ago)…posted no news is good news…got tired (anxious) of waiting and called thurs aft and left voice mail-didn't want to have to wait through wknd…no call back.  Got brave and called today (okay, not too brave, called at 5:45) and left another voice mail.

Not to be a pest, only NED since november after groin dissection…what would you make of this???  I'm thinking "no news is good news", but I've also called -they know I'm nervous-and no one has called me back…

Thoughts?

Had CT abdomen/pelvis and chest xray on Tues 3/8 (a week ago)…posted no news is good news…got tired (anxious) of waiting and called thurs aft and left voice mail-didn't want to have to wait through wknd…no call back.  Got brave and called today (okay, not too brave, called at 5:45) and left another voice mail.

Not to be a pest, only NED since november after groin dissection…what would you make of this???  I'm thinking "no news is good news", but I've also called -they know I'm nervous-and no one has called me back…

Thoughts?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Call tomorrow when they are there and talk to someone. How was it left that you would get the results?

Last week I went in for an endocronologists appointment. I had my blood work done the previous week, should take 1 day to get results. They had never faxed them to the Dr!!  Everything was fine, they were just never sent!  My Doctor told me that the hospital I went to is known for that. 

It's stressful enough to wait one day, this is totally uncalled for especially since you called last week.  I would find a different place to get scanned next time. I get my results the same day. Didn't use to but now it's so much better on the emotions!

Linda

Stage IV stable

biopsy tomorrow (ugh)

mayeast
            Participant

I had to wait 4 weeks for the BRAF test to come back, only to be negative. I was calling all the time and I think precious time was wasted.

mayeast
              Participant

I had to wait 4 weeks for the BRAF test to come back, only to be negative. I was calling all the time and I think precious time was wasted.

lhaley
              Participant

Call tomorrow when they are there and talk to someone. How was it left that you would get the results?

Last week I went in for an endocronologists appointment. I had my blood work done the previous week, should take 1 day to get results. They had never faxed them to the Dr!!  Everything was fine, they were just never sent!  My Doctor told me that the hospital I went to is known for that. 

It's stressful enough to wait one day, this is totally uncalled for especially since you called last week.  I would find a different place to get scanned next time. I get my results the same day. Didn't use to but now it's so much better on the emotions!

Linda

Stage IV stable

biopsy tomorrow (ugh)

BethA in VA
                Participant

My first thought reading your post is…FORGET ABOUT BEING A PEST.  Call and talk to someone.  Even if they know nothing now, they will at least have to say that.  Yes, they are busy.  Yes, they have other patients…but they have staff.  You don't get a discounted rate because you are not pesty.  The waiting is so hard.  Good luck.  Praying for good news.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                  Participant

My first thought reading your post is…FORGET ABOUT BEING A PEST.  Call and talk to someone.  Even if they know nothing now, they will at least have to say that.  Yes, they are busy.  Yes, they have other patients…but they have staff.  You don't get a discounted rate because you are not pesty.  The waiting is so hard.  Good luck.  Praying for good news.  Beth 3/B

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics