The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Still NED

Participant

Had another scan last Wed ( 24th ).   All labs and scan were good.  So far so good have been NED since Dec 2017.  Slight hiccup with scan, Report said stable 3mm nodule in right lower lobe of lung.  Was news to me since nothing was said about it in last scan in July. 

Had Doc pull and compare images and sure enough it was there in July.  No change.  Doc was unable to get prior images pulled up to see when it first appeared.  Evidentially the radiologist who interpreted the scan in July didn't think it was significant enough to mention!!

The opinion is that since it hasn't changed at all since July it's not a concern right now.  Going to make a special note to look at it again on next scan Jan 23rd. If it's changed, Doc says we're going to do a PET.

Another event…FINALLY almost off the damn prednisone!!! Been on that crap ( dosages up and down ) since Dec 2017 looks like the skin issues are going to stay away. Last dose is 2.5mg tomorrow.

Lastly, was out at the motorcycle dealer getting a patch sewn on my vest.  Had to leave quickly.  They had a 2007 Harley Heritage Softail that the sales man almost got me to trade in my 2004 Yamaha V-Star Classic and buy.  Nothing wrong with my bike.  But that was one damn good looking Harley.  Case of want vs need.

That can also be read as GF would do severe bodily harm to me if I came home on a different bike needing to make payments on it.

Hang in there evryone.  We may not have a cure but we can fight it to a stand still til one in found

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant
          Woop woop!! Great news, Mike!! Maybe for your 5 year NED-iversary you can celebrate with some new wheels (GF approved, of course 😉 In the meantime, pop a brewski and enjoy NEDness!

Lauren

Raco
          Participant

congratulations Mike

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics