The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still NED – Almost 5 Years

Forums General Melanoma Community Still NED – Almost 5 Years

Participant
      Hi all! I seem to naturally want to update on here once a year for old friends and new faces. I know how much it warms my heart to see posts from those who’ve been in this world for a long time and are doing well.

I just had my bi-annual scans and I am still NED!

November will mark 5 years since my last infusion & surgery. The scan I have after that will be my last official surveillance scan (wow!).

When I started on my immunotherapy journey in December 2015, there were no 5 year survival stats yet, Ipi had just been FDA approved a couple months earlier for adjuvant treatment. I then had to do Ipi/Nivo when Mel decided to creep further into my lymphatic system.

Now that survival stats have been updated and my 5 year milestone is in sight, I have so much optimism for others just starting their journey and those still in the thick of it.

Sending peace and positive vibes to all here.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        ThinkingPositive
        Participant
          That is so encouraging to hear of your 5 year NED anniversary! Congratulations and wishing you continued health! Cindy
          Bubbles
          Participant
            Oh, Jenn!! So lovely to read your news! Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Weird and wonderful to learn you’re on your last routine scan, isn’t it? Take good care! celeste
            Mark_DC
            Participant
              Well done Jenn!! I know you had a difficult time when on this board, with a few false starts and progression and in the end surgery did it! Maybe you were an early neo-adjuvant case: immunotherapy first and then surgery? We were roughly in a similar situation, local disease no spread or minimal spread but not going away either, I think I was a year or so behind you, for me adding TVEC to pembro seems to have made the difference and I am at almost 3 years NED (dont want to jinx it).

It was great when you were here. Thanks too for posting
              Mark

jennunicorn
                Participant
                  So good to hear you’re still livin the NED life Mark!
                Christinad
                Participant
                  Congratulations 💗
                  chrispl1974
                  Participant
                    Hi Jenn,

so wonderful to hear that you have passed the 5 year mark. When I was first diagnosed 3 years ago, I used to read a a lot of your posts and I know the road to being cancer free was not an easy one for you.

Enjoy life and dont forget to post a similar message (marking 10 years NED) in 2027 :)))

Take care

Christian

mmbraddock
                    Participant
                      So happy to hear your success and sharing your optimism. I am newly diagnosed 3b doing targeted therapy prior to surgery. Carpe Diem!
                      MM
                      sing123
                      Participant
                        Jenn, so much congrats to you! Your five years is well within sight. Hope you are planning a fabulous celebration.

Best,

Cindy

Boise Steve
                        Participant
                          Congratulations! Mel came back into my life after 4.90 years in 2019 (I found out that I was on the “placebo” arm of a vaccine trial) :(. Following, enjoyed a surgery, went on Pembro (made it to my 6th infusion) and have been NED for going on 2 1/2 years! Next scans are in late March.
                          JudiAU
                          Participant
                            I love this type of post!
                            Joy
                            Participant
                              Jenn, that is terrific news! Congratulations! I am new to this forum. Joy
                              Baby_Girl
                              Participant
                                Congratulations! That is wonderful news!
                                SABKLYN
                                Participant
                                  So good! Wishing you continued good health, Jenn!
                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics