The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still ned

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Still ned

Participant
      I just wanted to stop by and say I am still Ned. I was never one to post on here often but this morning I thought I would post an update to help people out who are feeling troubled. I was misdiagnosed with a mole on my calf and the mole was removed. A year later it came back. This time it was correctly diagnosed as melanoma. We then discovered in was in one lymph node. The entire chain was removed from my groin with no other evidence found. I was ned for 1 1/2 years and then it was found that I had numerous tumors throughout my gut with the largest being the size of a grapefruit that was undetectable by mere touching and feeling. I then went to Kansas City where I was put on the opdivo yervoy combo. I experienced my pituitary gland being affected and some skin discoloration as well as developing diabetes. I was put on prednisone and continued therapy. I still needed to take Benadryl before infusions to prevent hives. During treatment I took a strong probiotic and vitamin d. Today I still take hydrocortisone, metformin, and a hefty dose of testosterone due to my altercations. Unrelated but during my regular scans we uncovered that I also had thyroid cancer so I had it surgically removed. I just had scans last week and get scans every 6 months right now. I am 1 1/2 years ned again.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Aaron
        Participant
          Forgot to mention that I am Braf positive
            MarkR
            Participant
              Congratulations and a welcome boost to all of us
              Best wishes
              Mark
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Goodness, Aaron!! Sorry for all the complications. Way to gut it out!!! Congratulations on being NED (X2!) May it long continue. c
              jbronicki
              Participant
                Congrats Aaron, that is wonderful! Wishing you lifetime of NED!
                MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hot Damn! Thats some fine news Aaron, keep them scans going and play touchy feely all over yourself, and look yourself over, you know the drill!
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics