The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still Looking Good

Forums General Melanoma Community Still Looking Good

Participant

Had scheduled CT, labs and doc visit today.  Everything looking ok. So I am about 18 months NED now. Just short of 4 years of initial diagnosis.

So a quck update on my plans. Next CT, lab and doc visit are at end of August.  Which means I am off on a solo motorcycle trip on the Monday following the 4th of July.  Traded in my 04 Yamaha Vstar 1100 on an 06 Harley Heritage Soft Tail ( 1453cc ) last month. Been checking out my camping gear to see what can still be used.

The route is St Louis MO ( my home ) to Mt Rushmore, then thru Yellowstone to see Old Faithful, over to Salt Lake City, down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, over to Carlsbad New Mexico for the caverns then to San Antonio TX to check out the Alamo. Roughly 4800 miles give or take. ( depends on how many back roads I take vs interstates ) No time schedule.  Guessing about 3 weeks.  Or I may just run it the other way starting in TX.  Might be cooler temp wise at start of trip than a couple weeks later.

Dum nos vivere, et nostrum vivere

Hang tough folks

Mike

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Right on Mike! Happy to hear it Warrior!

Dum nos vivere, et nostrum vivere…ab inconveienti.

ourvan
          Participant

Blessings and cherished memories on your new adventure, Mike!  (I wish this platform had a "like"/"love" button to press!)

sister of patient
            Participant

Hi STL Mike – Happy for you and a bit envious of that trip 🙂 – it sounds great!! Enjoy the ride and revel in that good health!! Best wishes!!

Barb

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics