The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Still Here!

Forums General Melanoma Community Still Here!

Participant
      Hello everyone,

Originally 2C in 2019 but moved on to 4 in Feb of 2020.
      Well, I had 13 mets in my liver, 3 in my lungs, and one in my brain in February 2020. After 3 doses of the combo, I had high liver numbers 713/565 and went to Cellcept and Prednisone. The doctor looking after me refused to let me go on the single dose of Opdivo because of the liver numbers, so I changed hospitals and started on Opdivo in December 2020. No side effects that I am aware of and, best of all, clear scans.
      Thank you to everyone who is so supportive on this forum.
      Enjoying life.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        chrispl1974
        Participant
          Dear Beany,

Those are fantastic news. I am very happy for you. Getting a complete response to immunotherapy lasting already approx 3 years is amazing. From what I understand after so many months with clear scans,according to statistics, you have there moved from NED to the “cured” category !!!! Love Christian

Beany
          Participant
            Hello chrispl1974,

Thank you for your reply. Cured! I thought that was a word that they never used! Althoug I have heard Dr Weber use that word in some Youtube videos.

Thanks again,

YoJa
            Participant
              This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you.
              JudiAU
              Participant
                Congratulations. And brave and wise news to change doctors.
                Beany
                Participant
                  Thank you all very much
                  Mark_DC
                  Participant
                    Well done too! Great you found a doctor who would still treat you despite the bad liver numbers
                    google
                    Participant
                      Congratulations.
                  Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics