The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Steven O’Day

Forums General Melanoma Community Steven O’Day

Participant

There were posts that Steven O'Day will resume working, but not in the Angeles Clinic, but for months no one gave any update. Does anyone know what happened to Dr. O'Day and whether he is back to work anywhere?

There were posts that Steven O'Day will resume working, but not in the Angeles Clinic, but for months no one gave any update. Does anyone know what happened to Dr. O'Day and whether he is back to work anywhere?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

The latest update from Dr. O'day is that Dr. O'day will be opening a new clinic in Los Angeles in the May timeframe. For those who cannot wait to see a doctor, Dr O'day recommended contacting Dr. Ribias at UCLA. I think that it was very telling that he did not recommend going to Angeles Clinic and Dr. Hamid. Hope this helps!

killmel
          Participant

The latest update from Dr. O'day is that Dr. O'day will be opening a new clinic in Los Angeles in the May timeframe. For those who cannot wait to see a doctor, Dr O'day recommended contacting Dr. Ribias at UCLA. I think that it was very telling that he did not recommend going to Angeles Clinic and Dr. Hamid. Hope this helps!

killmel
            Participant

hope4cure1
                Participant

I hope you are willing to clarify what you mean by it being "very telling" that O'Day did not recommend seeing Dr. Hamid at Angeles Clinic.  We were patients of Dr. O'Day's, and were disturbed that he suddenly wasn't there to see us.  We have since been seeing Dr. Boasberg at Angeles Clinic.  So far the treatment Dr. O'Day first recommended has been effective, but in the event there is disease progression, I want to make sure that we would be doing the right thing staying at Angeles Clinic.  I have seen comments about Dr. Hamid being cold, and more concerned about their clinical trials than he is about his individual patients, but we haven't experienced that with him the times he has seen us.     

We had heard that there was a personal dispute between Dr. O'Day and Dr. Piro at Angeles.  Since we weren't given any other explanation, we are at a loss to understand what happened. 

Please, if there is something you know, share it.  It is important to have faith in your care providers…..and scary to feel like there is something important that we are missing.

Your help would be great appreciated.

Theresa123
                  Participant

I agree!!  I am Dr. Boasberg's pt at Angeles Clinic.  He is really a great Doctor, in my opinion.  I would like to know what happened to Dr. O Day though!!!

Theresa123
                    Participant

I agree!!  I am Dr. Boasberg's pt at Angeles Clinic.  He is really a great Doctor, in my opinion.  I would like to know what happened to Dr. O Day though!!!

Theresa123
                      Participant

m888g
                        Participant

I have been a Stage 4 melanoma patient at The Angeles Clinic. Dr Hamid has been my physician but on occasion I have been seen by Dr. O'Day. They are BOTH wonderful doctors, smart, caring and dedicated to their patients. Dr. O'Day is a bit more taciturn; Dr. Hamid a bit more engaging. I would hardley describe as cold. EAch doctor has his own style and each patient relates more efficiently to certain doctors. Thank God there are choices.

As to Dr hamid's concern about clinical trials, as there has been no proven effective approved treatment for melanoma, trials are the cutting edge. They have been the only way to expose patients to these drugs. I was fortunate to be cured by the trials. I have had clean  scans for 8 months. In 10 days I will be running the LA Marathon. Thank you Dr. Hamid and EVERYONE at The Angeles Clinic. Michael Greenberg

m888g
                          Participant

I have been a Stage 4 melanoma patient at The Angeles Clinic. Dr Hamid has been my physician but on occasion I have been seen by Dr. O'Day. They are BOTH wonderful doctors, smart, caring and dedicated to their patients. Dr. O'Day is a bit more taciturn; Dr. Hamid a bit more engaging. I would hardley describe as cold. EAch doctor has his own style and each patient relates more efficiently to certain doctors. Thank God there are choices.

As to Dr hamid's concern about clinical trials, as there has been no proven effective approved treatment for melanoma, trials are the cutting edge. They have been the only way to expose patients to these drugs. I was fortunate to be cured by the trials. I have had clean  scans for 8 months. In 10 days I will be running the LA Marathon. Thank you Dr. Hamid and EVERYONE at The Angeles Clinic. Michael Greenberg

m888g
                            Participant

m888g
                              Participant

m888g
                                Participant

m888g
                                  Participant

hope4cure1
                                    Participant

I hope you are willing to clarify what you mean by it being "very telling" that O'Day did not recommend seeing Dr. Hamid at Angeles Clinic.  We were patients of Dr. O'Day's, and were disturbed that he suddenly wasn't there to see us.  We have since been seeing Dr. Boasberg at Angeles Clinic.  So far the treatment Dr. O'Day first recommended has been effective, but in the event there is disease progression, I want to make sure that we would be doing the right thing staying at Angeles Clinic.  I have seen comments about Dr. Hamid being cold, and more concerned about their clinical trials than he is about his individual patients, but we haven't experienced that with him the times he has seen us.     

We had heard that there was a personal dispute between Dr. O'Day and Dr. Piro at Angeles.  Since we weren't given any other explanation, we are at a loss to understand what happened. 

Please, if there is something you know, share it.  It is important to have faith in your care providers…..and scary to feel like there is something important that we are missing.

hope4cure1
                                      Participant

killmel
                                      Participant

Email from Dr. O'day.

Hi,

I am pleased to announce my new practice location. I will officially be seeing patients beginning May 1 but will see patients on a case by case basis if it is medically important to be seen before then. Please feel free to forward my contact information to anyone who needs to reach me.

Please request a copy of your medical records from The Angeles Clinic and they can then be transfered to The Beverly Hills Cancer Center's state of the art electronic medical record. The Beverly Hills Cancer Center(BHCC) can help facilitate this for you.

The BHCC is 1 stop shopping with patient care, imaging including MRI, PETCT, Breast MRI, bone scans etc., a beautiful infusion center for chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, full lab, research clnical trials, psychosocial support and nutrition. A more formal letter will come soon but I know many of you have been waiting to see me for some time.

I would be honored to resume your care. I look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Warmest regards,

Steven Steven J. O'Day MD Director, The Los Angeles Skin Cancer Institute Director, Clinical Research

The Beverly Hills Cancer Center 8900 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-432-8900 [email protected] Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine USC Adjunct Professor, John Wayne Cancer Institute

BellaSusan
                                          Participant
                                            Dr. O’Day given the patient angst and confusion about your sudden departure from The Angeles Clinic could you please tell us why you are no longer there?
                                            killmel
                                            Participant

Dr. O'day did NOT post the email above. I posted the email that was sent to me from Dr. O'day!

killmel
                                              Participant

Dr. O'day did NOT post the email above. I posted the email that was sent to me from Dr. O'day!

killmel
                                                Participant

BellaSusan
                                                  Participant
                                                    Dr. O’Day given the patient angst and confusion about your sudden departure from The Angeles Clinic could you please tell us why you are no longer there?
                                                    BellaSusan
                                                    Participant
                                                    killmel
                                                    Participant

Email from Dr. O'day.

Hi,

I am pleased to announce my new practice location. I will officially be seeing patients beginning May 1 but will see patients on a case by case basis if it is medically important to be seen before then. Please feel free to forward my contact information to anyone who needs to reach me.

Please request a copy of your medical records from The Angeles Clinic and they can then be transfered to The Beverly Hills Cancer Center's state of the art electronic medical record. The Beverly Hills Cancer Center(BHCC) can help facilitate this for you.

The BHCC is 1 stop shopping with patient care, imaging including MRI, PETCT, Breast MRI, bone scans etc., a beautiful infusion center for chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, full lab, research clnical trials, psychosocial support and nutrition. A more formal letter will come soon but I know many of you have been waiting to see me for some time.

I would be honored to resume your care. I look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Warmest regards,

Steven Steven J. O'Day MD Director, The Los Angeles Skin Cancer Institute Director, Clinical Research

The Beverly Hills Cancer Center 8900 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-432-8900 [email protected] Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine USC Adjunct Professor, John Wayne Cancer Institute

killmel
                                                      Participant

Email from Dr. O'day.

Hi,

Warmest regards,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics