The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Starting treatment

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Starting treatment

Participant

Today we got the results that my husband is positive for the BRAV600E mutation and is so far eligible for the Roche trial.  Tomorrow he goes in for scans and blood work then if he passes, he'll get randomized next week.  This is such a relief since he has numerous subcutaneous mets in his throat, face and neck which is causing him to be in pretty severe pain.  I am so happy that he can start getting some treatment – even if it is dacarbazine, since he has been feeling these tumors since April and we've been told they are inoperable in the beginning of July.  Wait

Today we got the results that my husband is positive for the BRAV600E mutation and is so far eligible for the Roche trial.  Tomorrow he goes in for scans and blood work then if he passes, he'll get randomized next week.  This is such a relief since he has numerous subcutaneous mets in his throat, face and neck which is causing him to be in pretty severe pain.  I am so happy that he can start getting some treatment – even if it is dacarbazine, since he has been feeling these tumors since April and we've been told they are inoperable in the beginning of July.  Waiting is so hard!  Please pray that his scans are good and that he can move forward!  Thanks!

JenC

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        King
        Participant

Jen,

I will keep you both in my prayers for good scans and for the treatment arm that will be effective for him.  Please keep us posted.  Waiting is so difficult.

Stay Strong
          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Sharon in Reno
          Participant

Hey Jen,

This is great, sending prayers his way for a successful outcome. love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

JenM
            Participant

Hi Jen,

Will be praying for you and your husband.  I can't even imagine waiting this long.  Hang in there!

All the best,

JenM

dian in spokane
              Participant

Jen, I'm so glad that your husband is finally starting some treatment. The waiting really is some of the worst of it all, just getting something going helps the spirits!

good luck,

dian in spokane

Janet2
                  Participant

Hi Jen

I am pleased to hear your husband is eligible for the Roche trial and hope his scans are good so he can start treatment.

Janet 

Jan in OC
                  Participant

I know the wait is crazy, but you are more than halfway there.  Good luck to you.  

Jan

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics