The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Started new trial – MEK and PI3K Inhibitor

Forums General Melanoma Community Started new trial – MEK and PI3K Inhibitor

Participant

Hey everyone.

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to put an update out here that I started on a new trial this week. It's a MEK and PI3K inhibitor trial. The drugs are MEK162 and BMK120. I'm in the trial at Massachusetts General. Yesterday was my first day of the trial. I'm already experiencing some vision side effects, which is a little concerning, but the doctor said that my body will adjust to the medicine as I continue to take it and the vision should get better. I feel like I have some light sensitivity, but they said it's most likely fluid buildup behind my retina. Eye side effects are a well known issue with these drugs and I'm seeing an eye doctor ever one or two weeks.

Does anyone out there have experience with a MEK and PI3K trial? I'm not sure that there have been a whole lot of people on these trials yet for Melanoma.

~Angela

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Swanee
        Participant

Hi Angela,

Just popping up to say good luck with this trial.  It is so good to see a post from you and to let you know I think of you often and look for your posts for updates.  It's that crazy time of year and hard to keep up with it all.  Please continue to post with  your progress!  Much love and appreciation for every melanoma patient here.

Merry Christmas!

Swanee

Swanee
          Participant

Hi Angela,

Just popping up to say good luck with this trial.  It is so good to see a post from you and to let you know I think of you often and look for your posts for updates.  It's that crazy time of year and hard to keep up with it all.  Please continue to post with  your progress!  Much love and appreciation for every melanoma patient here.

Merry Christmas!

Swanee

Swanee
            Participant

Hi Angela,

Merry Christmas!

Swanee

POW
              Participant

You're the first person I know of on this trial. However, the preclinical studies were quite promising, so I'll be excited to hear how you fare. You luck to you and keep us posted!

POW
                Participant

You're the first person I know of on this trial. However, the preclinical studies were quite promising, so I'll be excited to hear how you fare. You luck to you and keep us posted!

POW
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

Angela, May this trial be an answer for you.Prayers sent your way that all goes well Keep us posted as we all care for one another on this site. Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Angela, May this trial be an answer for you.Prayers sent your way that all goes well Keep us posted as we all care for one another on this site. Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

TSchulz
                          Participant

Angela, 

It is so good to hear from you.  I think of you everyday and am so happy you are in this trial.  I wish you a fast response!  

Good luck – Troy

TSchulz
                            Participant

Angela, 

It is so good to hear from you.  I think of you everyday and am so happy you are in this trial.  I wish you a fast response!  

Good luck – Troy

TSchulz
                              Participant

Angela, 

Good luck – Troy

TSchulz
                                Participant

Not sure if you saw the recent post from NYKaren about once testing negative for BRAF and now getting retested and being positive.  I hadn't heard of this, maybe more doors can open? 

Best, Troy

TSchulz
                                  Participant

Not sure if you saw the recent post from NYKaren about once testing negative for BRAF and now getting retested and being positive.  I hadn't heard of this, maybe more doors can open? 

Best, Troy

TSchulz
                                    Participant

Best, Troy

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics