The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Started interferon.

Forums General Melanoma Community Started interferon.

Participant

Today was my 2nd Day infusion of interferon.  Aches and pains more severe today.  Headaches seem to be under control.   Riggers started in pretty bad today with the highest pain point.  Took two ativan. Aside from me rotating tylonenol and ibuprofen.  Piled on four planets and after a couple hours rest fever broke. Pain is down and riggers are gone..

So thankful I'm getting thru this.  I hope all getting treatments are tolerating the effects the best they can.

Keep fighting.

Colleen 

Today was my 2nd Day infusion of interferon.  Aches and pains more severe today.  Headaches seem to be under control.   Riggers started in pretty bad today with the highest pain point.  Took two ativan. Aside from me rotating tylonenol and ibuprofen.  Piled on four planets and after a couple hours rest fever broke. Pain is down and riggers are gone..

So thankful I'm getting thru this.  I hope all getting treatments are tolerating the effects the best they can.

Keep fighting.

Colleen 

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        _Paul_
        Participant
          Hang in there Colleen!
          _Paul_
          Participant
            Hang in there Colleen!
            _Paul_
            Participant
              Hang in there Colleen!
              akls
              Participant

Your doing great Colleen!  I finished mine up over 3 years ago.  It is a rough month, but you can do it!

Amy S. in Michigan

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Hi Colleen,
                    Wishing you the best with your treatment. I hope it gets easier for you.
                    Karen
                    NYKaren
                    Participant
                      Hi Colleen,
                      Karen
                      NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Hi Colleen,
                        Karen
                      akls
                      Participant

Your doing great Colleen!  I finished mine up over 3 years ago.  It is a rough month, but you can do it!

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                        Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

scots
                          Participant

I completed my treatment 2 years ago.  Hang in there, you can do it.

scot

scots
                            Participant

scot

scots
                              Participant

scot

mama1960
                                Participant

Did my High dose month four years ago. As I remember, it got easier as time went on.

mama1960
                                  Participant

Did my High dose month four years ago. As I remember, it got easier as time went on.

mama1960
                                    Participant

JanM
                                      Participant

I wish you all the best, Colleen.  I completed my year of Interferon 7 years ago.  That first month of daily infusions is a bit of a blur, but I do recall how much I hated the taste in my mouth when receiving the drug.  I sucked a lot of Lifesavers candy.  In the following months I remember constantly feeling just  like I was coming down with the flu; achiness and fatigue.  But, that didn't keep me from enjoying life and it won't you either.  Fresh air and light exercise is what helped me each day – that, and supportive family and friends.  Hang in there, you will feel like yourself again. 

Jan

JanM
                                        Participant

I wish you all the best, Colleen.  I completed my year of Interferon 7 years ago.  That first month of daily infusions is a bit of a blur, but I do recall how much I hated the taste in my mouth when receiving the drug.  I sucked a lot of Lifesavers candy.  In the following months I remember constantly feeling just  like I was coming down with the flu; achiness and fatigue.  But, that didn't keep me from enjoying life and it won't you either.  Fresh air and light exercise is what helped me each day – that, and supportive family and friends.  Hang in there, you will feel like yourself again. 

Jan

JanM
                                          Participant

Jan

Colleen66
                                            Participant

Day 3 seemed a breeze but then last night the vomiting came on pretty harshly.  Ugh.  I think this morning I have a good chance of keeping the nausea med down.  Aches and pains are still holding at a minimum so big yeah there.  

Hope you all are able to enjoy the Holidays.

Colleen 

Colleen66
                                              Participant

Day 3 seemed a breeze but then last night the vomiting came on pretty harshly.  Ugh.  I think this morning I have a good chance of keeping the nausea med down.  Aches and pains are still holding at a minimum so big yeah there.  

Colleen 

Colleen66
                                                Participant

Colleen 

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics