The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV update

Forums Caregiver Community Stage IV update

Participant

I wanted to give all you warriors and caregivers an update on Kevin (stage IV since Feb 2014).  After a scare in August with a clean CT scan, Kevin had his routine PET scan and MRI today.  Both were clear to the doctor and one of his staff members.  A radiologist has to confirm, but according to the doc, Kevin is still NED!  Praise God!!!  He did get the opportunity to speak to one of the team members about a clinical trial that involves Yervoy and a vaccine.  Kevin has decided (with my blessing and the support of all medical staff) to hold onto any ammunition for when he has a high tumor load, or an inoperable tumor.  He feels good now, and is currently healthy and wants to enjoy that.  I see the benefits of being proactive, but support him in his decision. There is always the possibility of taking part in a clinical trial and still have a recurrance.  If that were to happen, I know he'd be extremely frustrated with putting himself through the pain and agony of the side effects of Yervoy…  Hold out until you really need it!  Don't pull the goalie yet.

I wanted to let you all know that NED is a blessing, taking life as a gift is a realization that we have all come to, and bottom line, life is precious.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving all.  Hug your families!  Love unconditionally, laugh hard, cry if you need to.  Support each other and know that we are all in it together!  Love to you all!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        tschmith
        Participant

NED …. music to our ears!!!!  I know you'll have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Terrie

jenny22
            Participant

Wonderful news!!!!!! Congratulations

jenny22
              Participant

jenny22
                Participant

tschmith
                Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                  Participant

Terrie

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Sounds good to me.  Enjoy life.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics