The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage IV: Annual scans back clean – still NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage IV: Annual scans back clean – still NED

Participant

My annual January scans (CAP CT and Brain MRI) just came back clean.  NED still – since early 2009, IPI responder after 5 doses in total of 10mg/kg.  Full history online for those interested.

I continue to check in on this bulletin board, respond to posts when/if my experience may help someone and never, ever forget how meaningful and supportive many regulars on this board were back when I needed it the most.   

Prayers and good vibes to all in the fight.  Hang in there!

Rocco

Stage IV in 2005, ipi responder (MDX trial) in 2009 and NED ever since.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tracyyy
        Participant
          Wow, Rocco! Thanks for checking in and giving hope to many others! Wish you the best and many many years of NED!

Tracy
          Daughter of patient

Bubbles
          Participant

That's wonderful, Rocco!!!  Ratties like you are leading our way!!!  celeste

WithinMySkin
            Participant

Congrats, Rocco!! Here's to another 9 years NED!

Lauren

WITom
              Participant

Congrats Rocco!! That’s awesome – so happy for you and thanks for sharing. I’m especially interested as I am also a 10 mg ipi complete responder – NED 5+ yrs. Best wishes for a continued healthy 2018

Tom

sister of patient
                Participant

This is just great to hear and fabulous for you!! I love the long-term NED reports. May this be your forever state!!! Best wishes always!

Barb

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics