The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage III…NED for 8 years now!

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage III…NED for 8 years now!

Participant

I haven't been on our site for about 2 years, but I'm so happy to find out today that my PET/CT scan was negative. I'm now 8 years NED since my surgery performed by Dr. Dennis Kraus (thank you Dr. Kraus!) in New York. Although my surgery was done at Sloan Kettering, I am tremendously grateful to my oncologist, Dr. Anna Pavlick at NYU, for the fantastic advice, warmth, and general down-to-earthness she has always shown. I would tell anyone with melanoma to go to Dr. Pavlick at NYU. Her and her staff are the best and they strictly deal with melanoma. If you don't love dealing with Dr. Pavlick, you will not like dealing with any doctor! I thank God that I chose to go with her after my surgery back in 2007.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        aquamak
        Participant

Awesome news and conratulations!  I just celebrated 2 years, 4 months (stage 3C).

aquamak
          Participant

Awesome news and conratulations!  I just celebrated 2 years, 4 months (stage 3C).

cavsnut
              Participant

Congratulations! That's wonderful news…I'm also stage 3… Best of luck to your future health… 

Craig

cavsnut
                Participant

Congratulations! That's wonderful news…I'm also stage 3… Best of luck to your future health… 

Craig

cavsnut
                  Participant

Craig

JakeinNY
                    Participant

Thank You. Keep the faith and keep it up!

JakeinNY
                      Participant

JakeinNY
                        Participant

aquamak
                        Participant

stars
                          Participant

Celebrate! Great news, JakeinNY.

stars
                            Participant

stars
                              Participant

JakeinNY
                                  Participant

Thank You

JakeinNY
                                    Participant

Thank You

JakeinNY
                                      Participant

Thank You

dentholla
                                      Participant

Wonderful news!  Thank you for sharing – cheers!

dentholla
                                        Participant

dentholla
                                          Participant

JakeinNY
                                              Participant

No problem….thank you!

JakeinNY
                                                Participant

No problem….thank you!

JakeinNY
                                                  Participant

No problem….thank you!

jenny22
                                                  Participant

Hi JakeinNY-

I am so happy to read your NED status after 8 years…I am guessing you were stage 3c? I also wanted to add that I had my first (and 2nd, and 3rd) surgeries at Sloan also, with Dr. Coit……but after my recurernce (I went from stage 1b to stage 3b)….I too chose Anna Pavlick as my oncologist…..I just completed a vaccine trial (in MAY) and of course HOPING I also remain NED….

I couldnt agree with you more about Dr. Pavlick….she is clearly an expert in the fied of Melanoma and all the  latest reaserach.  Additionally she is an incredibly compassionate and down to earth doctor….her staff is like none other…they are always there and available to answer questions and alleviate any fears or anxiety…Just an amazing practice, inclding Dr. Pavlick and her entire team. 

Congrats again on your 8 years of NED, may it continue forever!

jenny22
                                                    Participant

Hi JakeinNY-

I am so happy to read your NED status after 8 years…I am guessing you were stage 3c? I also wanted to add that I had my first (and 2nd, and 3rd) surgeries at Sloan also, with Dr. Coit……but after my recurernce (I went from stage 1b to stage 3b)….I too chose Anna Pavlick as my oncologist…..I just completed a vaccine trial (in MAY) and of course HOPING I also remain NED….

I couldnt agree with you more about Dr. Pavlick….she is clearly an expert in the fied of Melanoma and all the  latest reaserach.  Additionally she is an incredibly compassionate and down to earth doctor….her staff is like none other…they are always there and available to answer questions and alleviate any fears or anxiety…Just an amazing practice, inclding Dr. Pavlick and her entire team. 

JakeinNY
                                                        Participant

Hi Jenny,

Thank you very much.

I am pretty sure that I was stage 3C. I had the radiation to the parotid and neck areas but then I just went very holistic….now I'm not as stringent but I still stay away from the worst things for the body….sugar and empty carbohydrates.

You are so right, Dr. Pavlick and her staff, including Nurse Practioners Rajni and Kathy, are so sweet, compassionate, etc…..I can't imagine that there is any better place to go for melanoma. For the past few years, I give big hugs to Dr. Pavlick and the NPs before I leave.

Best wishes and may your NED continue forever!

wasserd
                                                          Participant
                                                            Congrats Jake!

Another super grateful patient of Dr. Pavlick here. I can’t say enough good things about her and her team. They are all top-notch.

wasserd
                                                            Participant
                                                              Congrats Jake!

Another super grateful patient of Dr. Pavlick here. I can’t say enough good things about her and her team. They are all top-notch.

wasserd
                                                              Participant
                                                                Congrats Jake!

jenny22
                                                                Participant

HI JakeinNY-

Thanks for the good wishes…..unfortunately i just had my 2nd recurrence….had almost made the 1 year mark when i felt something in my neck….right near the scar…..tiny, 5mm, subq….just had more surgery and due to see Anna Pavlick on monday…..seeing radiation oncs too as she is suggesting that i do radiation in the hopes of preventing any more local recurrences…..needless to say i am scared to death…..wondering what to do to prevent stage IV…

Hoping pavlick has some reassuring words for me on modnay…..

Radiation to the NECK…..scary??????

hoping it wont be too bad and will keep me NED for a while.

TKs, and best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                  Participant

HI JakeinNY-

Thanks for the good wishes…..unfortunately i just had my 2nd recurrence….had almost made the 1 year mark when i felt something in my neck….right near the scar…..tiny, 5mm, subq….just had more surgery and due to see Anna Pavlick on monday…..seeing radiation oncs too as she is suggesting that i do radiation in the hopes of preventing any more local recurrences…..needless to say i am scared to death…..wondering what to do to prevent stage IV…

TKs, and best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                    Participant

HI JakeinNY-

TKs, and best,

jenny

JakeinNY
                                                                      Participant

Hi Jenny,

Thank you very much.

I am pretty sure that I was stage 3C. I had the radiation to the parotid and neck areas but then I just went very holistic….now I'm not as stringent but I still stay away from the worst things for the body….sugar and empty carbohydrates.

You are so right, Dr. Pavlick and her staff, including Nurse Practioners Rajni and Kathy, are so sweet, compassionate, etc…..I can't imagine that there is any better place to go for melanoma. For the past few years, I give big hugs to Dr. Pavlick and the NPs before I leave.

JakeinNY
                                                                        Participant

Hi Jenny,

Thank you very much.

jenny22
                                                                        Participant

Hi JakeinNY-

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics