The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4, multiple lung nodules

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4, multiple lung nodules

Participant

My father has just begun a trial of Anti pd-1 trial.  He had one infusion and has been on the  oral inhibitor pills for just about 2 wks now.  After week one he had enough fluid in his lungs to have him hospitalized to drain the lungs.  There is now some sort of mass that the doctors need to break up so they can continue the draining to continue.  Has anyone had a similar experience with lung nodules?  Any info you can share would be most apprectiated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jubes
        Participant

Hi ,

I had a large mass in my lungs and they dont know how much of it is melanoma and how much is sarcoidosis.

I am on Anti PD 1 but the mass has reduced with it, and so has the coughing, so I guess a bit different from your situation.

I would be interested to know how they continue with your father, as we thought draining the lungs would be good but the doctors did not want to touch it, which I am glad abouot now.

Anne-Louise

Jubes
          Participant

Hi ,

I had a large mass in my lungs and they dont know how much of it is melanoma and how much is sarcoidosis.

I am on Anti PD 1 but the mass has reduced with it, and so has the coughing, so I guess a bit different from your situation.

I would be interested to know how they continue with your father, as we thought draining the lungs would be good but the doctors did not want to touch it, which I am glad abouot now.

Anne-Louise

Jubes
            Participant

Hi ,

Anne-Louise

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics