The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4 melanoma/Stage 1 HG bladder cancer

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4 melanoma/Stage 1 HG bladder cancer

Participant
      Good morning,

Hard to believe I’ve been off this site for awhile to help my husband now deal with his bladder cancer diagnoses. He will be having his 6th treatment of bcg tomorrow. The good news is my husband finished his Yervoy treatment in Feb 2015 and so far has kept him NED. Upcoming scans in Jan. I guess my question is have any of you felt with a 2nd cancer as well? This one has been very rough on us both mentally & physically. Hoping you all are doing well and thank you for this wonderful place to vent and be true to fears and questions.

Jewel

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Toby0987
        Participant

Hey Jewel-I’m only stage 3b Mel-2013 at 39 and then papillary thyroid cancer-2015. It’s not near as serious as your husbands but definitely a shock to the system. It’s like really? I have to deal with this too? More of like terrorism-it’s not the actual event (cancer) its the constant threat of what’s next.  Hang in there! 

Bubbles
          Participant

Just wanted to say hello, Jewel.  Glad things have been good in the melanoma department for your husband.  Ever so sorry that you have been dealing with more difficulties!!!  Though additional cancers are not "related" to melanoma (except in some very rare syndromes) in the literature, there are some on this board who have been dealing a multiple diagnoses.  Julie in SoCal is one.  She is amazing, beautiful and resilient.  You might look up her posts for inspo when you need it.  Hang in there!!! celeste

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics