The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 4 confirmed multiple areas

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 4 confirmed multiple areas

Participant

Well, it is no unfortunately official, my biopsy in my abdomen last week is positive for melanoma. So its in my lungs, abdomen and a C7 neck vertebra. I am most worried about the neck at this point.  We go back to mayo aug25, they are still testing for the gene mutations to determine treatment. Just so many questions, will they operate on any of the tumors?  The radioligist said the abdomen tumor is free floating, I am starting to get a bit of pain at times in my neck, don't know if thats from the met or I am just paranoid. I feel great otherwise, and am ready to fight this beast!! Much love to all #noonefightsalone!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jamieth29
        Participant
          Dave,
          Your 100% right…when it comes down to it all you can do is grit your teeth and take it head on!!!
          jamieth29
          Participant
            Dave,
            Your 100% right…when it comes down to it all you can do is grit your teeth and take it head on!!!
              davekarrie
              Participant

Yeah, that's where i am at now, I am past the crying and why me, it is the hand we are dealt and its time to get to work!  I will get back to NED, I have no doubt.

davekarrie
                Participant

Yeah, that's where i am at now, I am past the crying and why me, it is the hand we are dealt and its time to get to work!  I will get back to NED, I have no doubt.

davekarrie
                  Participant

stars
                    Participant

Sorry to hear your news, Dave. Just have to keep on keeping on, I guess. Harder with young children, but in another way so much to fight for. All the best,

Stars

stars
                      Participant

Sorry to hear your news, Dave. Just have to keep on keeping on, I guess. Harder with young children, but in another way so much to fight for. All the best,

Stars

stars
                        Participant

Stars

davekarrie
                          Participant

Yeah, I do not plan on leaving my 4yr old boy or my wife, I will beat this beast and we will hopefully find a cure soon for everyone.

davekarrie
                            Participant

Yeah, I do not plan on leaving my 4yr old boy or my wife, I will beat this beast and we will hopefully find a cure soon for everyone.

davekarrie
                              Participant

jamieth29
                              Participant
                                Dave,
                                BrianP
                                Participant

Attitude and determination is half the battle and you seem to have that down.  I was in your position two years ago with a 3 and 4 year old.  I now have a 5 and 6 year old and life is good.  Still not NED but thanks to nivolumab my life is almost back to normal and I plan on keeping it that way for a long time.  Good luck with your upcoming treatment options.

Brian 

BrianP
                                  Participant

Attitude and determination is half the battle and you seem to have that down.  I was in your position two years ago with a 3 and 4 year old.  I now have a 5 and 6 year old and life is good.  Still not NED but thanks to nivolumab my life is almost back to normal and I plan on keeping it that way for a long time.  Good luck with your upcoming treatment options.

Brian 

BrianP
                                    Participant

Brian 

Momofjake
                                      Participant

It's not an easy day when you find out what you are up against. My 18yr old son has many areas of his spine w mets. He recently had the worst one radiated. Just one high dose. It was painful for a few days, but he is okay. we will see how it looks in a few weeks. 

All our best in this fight! You are definitely not alone!! Love and prayers!

Kerri–mom of Jake

Momofjake
                                        Participant

It's not an easy day when you find out what you are up against. My 18yr old son has many areas of his spine w mets. He recently had the worst one radiated. Just one high dose. It was painful for a few days, but he is okay. we will see how it looks in a few weeks. 

Kerri–mom of Jake

Momofjake
                                          Participant

Kerri–mom of Jake

jamieth29
                                              Participant
                                                Kerri-mom of Jake
                                                Just want you to know everyone here is thinking of your son. Its bad enough to deal with this disease but i would shoulder the load forever if it was me or one of my children…so sorry you have to go through this but just keep moving forward its all you can do.
                                                jamieth29
                                                Participant
                                                  Kerri-mom of Jake
                                                  Just want you to know everyone here is thinking of your son. Its bad enough to deal with this disease but i would shoulder the load forever if it was me or one of my children…so sorry you have to go through this but just keep moving forward its all you can do.
                                                  Momofjake
                                                  Participant

Jamie,

thank you for knowing what to say. It's one of the things I love the most about this site. It's very comfortable and like no where else! 

Jake is feeling good!! He seems to have totally bounced back from the radiation. Tomorrow we take him to college. I truly did not think he would be here for this! Life feels almost normal for the first time in a year! He has dr appt and keytruda #4 this Wednesday. I guess they will scan soon. 

Everyday from July on seems like a big gift!

life is good!

thanks again,

kerri

Momofjake
                                                    Participant

Jamie,

thank you for knowing what to say. It's one of the things I love the most about this site. It's very comfortable and like no where else! 

Jake is feeling good!! He seems to have totally bounced back from the radiation. Tomorrow we take him to college. I truly did not think he would be here for this! Life feels almost normal for the first time in a year! He has dr appt and keytruda #4 this Wednesday. I guess they will scan soon. 

life is good!

thanks again,

kerri

Momofjake
                                                      Participant

Jamie,

life is good!

thanks again,

kerri

jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          Kerri-mom of Jake
                                                    Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics