The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Stage 3 Treatment Options

Forums General Melanoma Community Stage 3 Treatment Options

Participant
      Hi – I’ve been a member of this forum since 2012 when my husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma – feel like I’m pretty well versed on treatment options based on his experiences. My dad was just diagnosed with Stage 3 melanoma and now I’m feeling a little underprepared to help guide him since we skipped right over this stage and the melanoma world is much different now than it was in 2012, thankfully! Dad’s had his WLE and three lymph nodes removed, one of which contained melanoma. He has a PET scan next week followed by oncology visit the week after. He’s 86 so I’m trying to prepare him with possible options but not 100% sure if adjuvant treatment will be an option or something he’d be interested in proceeding with. Guess I’m looking for a snapshot of the treatment landscape for stage 3 patients. Thanks for any guidance/updates on Stage 3 treatment.

Ann

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey Ann,

So sorry you and your dad are dealing with this. Yes! Thankfully things have changed a great deal in the melanoma landscape since 2011. Even though melanoma still sucks great big hairy green wizard balls!!!

I think Aim At Melanoma does a great job breaking down this stuff. Perhaps this will help: Understanding melanoma tx – Stage III

Wishing you and your peeps my best. Celeste

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics