The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

spots on liver

Forums Mucosal Melanoma Community spots on liver

Participant
      Hi, I have been looking at this forum since last year and searching through answers when my mom was first diagnosed with mucosal vaginal melanoma with mets to lymph node, she started in feb 2019 with nivo and her progress was great , only milk side effects of fatigue, she always had perfect blood work and never felt sick, 3 months PET were looking good and the plan was to stop nivo in Aug,
      Her orginal sites looks all clear but now pet on 8/12 shows 2 spots on her liver
      1. New, peripherally enhancing segment VII hepatic lesion: 1.7 x 1.4 cm (series 6 image 162) with maximum SUV of 11.1, previously not visualized.

2. 1.3 x 1.1 cm hepatic segment 8 (image 174, series 6) segment VIII with peripheral enhancement, though without clear FDG uptake above background

Doctor at UCSF wants to do another biopsy of these to see if these are blood clots or infection or is it melanoma in which case the plan will be to give a combo ipi/nivo for another 3 months.

I am hoping this is not , but has anyone experienced something similar ? like blood clot, cyst or infection shown up on liver ?

I was hoping for a clean scan this time as she was improving since last six months.

God bless all.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MelanomaMike
        Participant
          Hi SKS2019, im Mike nice to meet you, im so sorry for the newest “scare” in your moms recovery, as youll read here at MRF, it can always be something or other, a curve ball thrown after an NED determination or a remission! cancer sucks! I do know this SKS, Immunal, Chemo & Radiation therapies can cause Liver issues, remember, our livers are the bodies “Filter” for EVERYTHING consumed! Bile/enzymes are produced to break down medications, food, waste etc and sometimes chemicals are the hardest on the liver, clots like you mentioned can occure, havnt heard of “cyst’s” though, but im NOT at all a “brainiac” with all this, more then half of it goes way over my head! Lets hope its just Clots or grouped enzymes that show up in scans as a mets! Keep us posted!! Prayers to my MRF folks nightly!
            sks2019
            Participant
              Thanks Mike and I have been following your journey as well. I do pray for you everytime I read your posts. Also an additional pointer for mom is that her Bilirubin just doubled from 0.5 t0 1.0 , still below the normal of 0.5- 1.3 but its never been like this before.
              MelanomaMike
              Participant
                Thank you SKS2019!! Were one big Family here, you all are my support system and iv dedicated my life now to MRF, there is nothing like MRF and its people i pray nightly for everyone! Keep us posted ok?
              guynamedbilly
              Participant
                I had it progress to my liver, we thought in two spots. One of them was melanoma, but the other was some other kind of inflammation and was not. After having two+ years dealing with this mess, I’d just say the only thing you can be sure of is what you know. And there’s no telling which way that might change in the future. It’s best to just wait for the tests so you know for sure.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics