The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Spots on liver seen on cat scan with contrast

Forums General Melanoma Community Spots on liver seen on cat scan with contrast

Participant

My husband is in the 10 mg ipi trial for stage 3c. He completed his induction phase 2 weeks ago with manageable side effects. Before joining the trial , he had 2 negative Pet scans. He had a CAT scan yesterday as part of the clinical trial protocol.  2 findings in his liver- one is 2 cm and one is i cm. very small lesion in lung. He is feeling great and labs are normal.

we were surprised after having so much ipi that something showed. It could be from the ipi or it could be mets. He is to have another PET scan followed by a contrast ct scan in a month.  Has this happened to anyone? I hate to think he got mets while taking this high dose of ipi. Just as we were feeling more positive…

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tracy Chicago
        Participant

Could they be cysts on his liver? Will they biopsy them?

Carole K
            Participant

HI Marianne,

I am sorry to hear this.  I believe you were in chat last night for awhile.  I am not familiar with ipi so I cannot comment.  I just wanted you to know I am sending positive thoughts and healing hugs. Hang in there.

Love and light

Carole

Carole K
              Participant

HI Marianne,

I am sorry to hear this.  I believe you were in chat last night for awhile.  I am not familiar with ipi so I cannot comment.  I just wanted you to know I am sending positive thoughts and healing hugs. Hang in there.

Love and light

Carole

Carole K
                Participant

HI Marianne,

Love and light

Carole

Marianne quinn
                  Participant

Does not seem to be.

Marianne quinn
                    Participant

Does not seem to be.

Marianne quinn
                      Participant

Does not seem to be.

Tracy Chicago
                      Participant

Tracy Chicago
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics