The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Spot near kidney

Forums General Melanoma Community Spot near kidney

Participant

Hey everyone! Well- needless to say I am terrified right now.  The dr office just called and said they saw a tiny spot near my kidney- too small to do anything with.  I have been stage 3a for 2 years.  I am panicking that this is melanoma.  Could it be something else? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

I am sorry you are feeling frightened. Sadly with scans we often find lots of 'red herrings'…places that light up/show up…that we are then obligated to figure out. With your history, of course it could be melanoma..but it could be other things as well. Please see an oncologist who sees lots of melanoma patients and figure out a plan for rescanning and follow up. Breathe. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

I am sorry you are feeling frightened. Sadly with scans we often find lots of 'red herrings'…places that light up/show up…that we are then obligated to figure out. With your history, of course it could be melanoma..but it could be other things as well. Please see an oncologist who sees lots of melanoma patients and figure out a plan for rescanning and follow up. Breathe. Hang in there. Celeste

Bubbles
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics