The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Spinal Mets?

Forums General Melanoma Community Spinal Mets?

Participant

I have an appointment with my oncologist next week but I want to see what people think here. I have had back pain for 7/8 months. At first it was once a week or so when I bent over with a sharp quick pain and has gradually become almost every time I bend over. It does not hurt if I l am lying down or excercising etc. Just when I bend over. Does this sound like spinal mets? I have a hard time believing that this is athritis as I am in my early 30s. I am really confused as to what it could be. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Maybe. A PET scan will show if it is. An MRI probably might show it as well.

I would be very careful if I were you. Walking is good exercise so I would do lots of that if you can but if it was me I would avoid things that involve twisting or bending or lifting until you know more. At least that is what the physical therapist told me.

Basically if they are spinal mets they can be pushing on your spinal cord like they are mine which is an extremely serious situation.

arthurjedi007
          Participant

I would be very careful if I were you. Walking is good exercise so I would do lots of that if you can but if it was me I would avoid things that involve twisting or bending or lifting until you know more. At least that is what the physical therapist told me.

Basically if they are spinal mets they can be pushing on your spinal cord like they are mine which is an extremely serious situation.

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics