The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sore Bottoms of Feet on Dabrafenib and Tramenib

Forums General Melanoma Community Sore Bottoms of Feet on Dabrafenib and Tramenib

Participant

Hi everyone, 

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with the bottoms of their feet being really sore on dabrafenib and tramenib like its sore sore to walk and they hurt when I apply pressure. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips? 

All the best to everyone 

KB

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linda5
        Participant

I had this for a few months at the beginning of treatment.  No tips, other than I treated myself to a nice pair of sheepskin lined slippers to wear at home, and found that helped a bit.  

swalters1038
          Participant

I started having similar issues (bottom of feet hurting along with other lower leg issues) after about 5 months fo treatment.  I attribute it primarily to nerve issues.  I take alot of tylenol, use heated blankets, and had to quit wearing shoes with little support.  The next step woudl be the drug gabepentin(Sp?) or hihger power pain killer.  I primairly just live with it adn wait for the next 5.5 months to get overwith!

kb9718
              Participant

Thank you for your response I am noticing it coming and going hope things are going well with you and thanks for all your advice!

sing123
              Participant

Hi KB, do you feel the pain most in your heels? I am on Opdivo and not your treatment but wanted to share that I have had a moderate amount of intermittent pain in my left heel and a slight amount in my right. I tried ibuprofen and the foot exercises done for those with plantar fascitis. I did feel a bit of relief from doing one exercise where you stand on your tippie toes and hold it then release and repeat. Also, there are socks one can wear speciifically for plantar fascitis. By the time I read about those and ordered them, my pain subsided and has not been back.

Sorry I can't offer a true fix, other than to say that it definitely came and went. The longest bout was for 2 months or so and it hasn't been back (I am nearing the end of my treatment). 

Hang in there! 

kb9718
                  Participant

Hi there, 

I do notice the pain the most pain in my heels and I do notice it coming and going as you mentioned. Thanks for your help and hope your doing well

KB

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics