The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

somewhat off topic: from Lori (caregiver to Will)

Forums Caregiver Community somewhat off topic: from Lori (caregiver to Will)

• Replies
      MichaelFL
      Participant

I remember his (and your) battle well.

Hard to believe it has been almost a year now.

🙁

Lori C
          Participant

I miss him every second – it's been the most wrenching thing of my life.  Being a caregiver and loving someone so intensely and then having them leave you inch by inch to this horrible disease – it is beyond words.  I wanted to say, though, that up until the very end of his life, Will believed in trying to make every day a good one and always described himself as a cancer survivor.  A true hero.

Lori C
            Participant

I miss him every second – it's been the most wrenching thing of my life.  Being a caregiver and loving someone so intensely and then having them leave you inch by inch to this horrible disease – it is beyond words.  I wanted to say, though, that up until the very end of his life, Will believed in trying to make every day a good one and always described himself as a cancer survivor.  A true hero.

MichaelFL
            Participant

I remember his (and your) battle well.

Hard to believe it has been almost a year now.

🙁

washoegal
              Participant

Beautiful video!  My sister is also disabled, seisures and learning disabilities, so I understand too well the daily battles.

Love to you Lori and many successes.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                Participant

Beautiful video!  My sister is also disabled, seisures and learning disabilities, so I understand too well the daily battles.

Love to you Lori and many successes.

Mary

Stage 3

MariaH
                  Participant

Lori,

I cannot believe it has almost been a year already.  Being a caregiver is hard enough, but a little different if that person has disabilities.  We know, as my younger brother Mike has stage IV peritoneal cancer, and is also disabled.  Mike has echoed Will's sentiniment – all he ever wants is to be treated normal, and my parents have done that for him his whole life.  He is living his life to the fullest, and despite all the injustices, taunts, and discrimination he has endured his whole life he is one of the kindest and sweetest people I have ever known.

I hope your benefit is a raging success.  I

Maria

MariaH
                    Participant

Lori,

I cannot believe it has almost been a year already.  Being a caregiver is hard enough, but a little different if that person has disabilities.  We know, as my younger brother Mike has stage IV peritoneal cancer, and is also disabled.  Mike has echoed Will's sentiniment – all he ever wants is to be treated normal, and my parents have done that for him his whole life.  He is living his life to the fullest, and despite all the injustices, taunts, and discrimination he has endured his whole life he is one of the kindest and sweetest people I have ever known.

I hope your benefit is a raging success.  I

Maria

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics