The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Someone with recurrence in pelvic lymph?

Forums General Melanoma Community Someone with recurrence in pelvic lymph?

Participant

My husband was diagnosed in 2012 stage3a melanoma , because he had micrometastasis in the sentinel node , the rest (12)  were clean. He had in 2012, 38 years old. He started in October 2012 with high doses of pegylated interferon for two months and after that continuous average dose to date. He was positive despite the side effects of pegylated interferon and was determined to complete the two years of treatment. He had from the diagnostic CT every 6 months thank God for all normal except when some nodes increased in size. So the oncologist  decided to make a pet. Yesterday I got the result of my husband's pet. The result is very bad, there are many hot spots in the pelvis iliac chains.  Internal organs are clean. I am very distressed.  As can be? Today the oncologist  will be analyzing the pet with other doctors  and tomorrow we have an appointment with the oncologist. I'm sure the melanoma returned to the nodes of the pelvis, then what are the options? remove? drugs? someone had that experience and then was  NED?

thanks for your words.

Gaby

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janet Lee
        Participant

Hi Gaby,

Not sure I can be of much help, but my husband, Stage IV January 2013 out of nowhere, has had one issue after another. This past September, his doctor pronounced him a responder to Ipi, with most mets holding steady or shrinking, and brain mets stable after SRS. However, right after that, he began with terrible pain in his left groin area and had surgery in October to remove a tumor from his inguinal canal. Then, 2 1/2 months after that surgery, a lymph node in the same area had doubled in size. Inoperable, so he started radiation for not one, but two pesky mets. During 16 treatments, additional met was found, leading to more radiation. He is still in a lot of pain, even though the radiation was deemed to have great chance of success since he has been treated with and responding to Ipi. For some reason, this area is a real problem. We are going to take a 2-3 week break, then start looking for Anti-PD1 trials.

Please keep me in mind if you learn anything about melanoma in this particular area, and I will do the same.

Peace, and best of luck.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
          Participant

Hi Gaby,

Not sure I can be of much help, but my husband, Stage IV January 2013 out of nowhere, has had one issue after another. This past September, his doctor pronounced him a responder to Ipi, with most mets holding steady or shrinking, and brain mets stable after SRS. However, right after that, he began with terrible pain in his left groin area and had surgery in October to remove a tumor from his inguinal canal. Then, 2 1/2 months after that surgery, a lymph node in the same area had doubled in size. Inoperable, so he started radiation for not one, but two pesky mets. During 16 treatments, additional met was found, leading to more radiation. He is still in a lot of pain, even though the radiation was deemed to have great chance of success since he has been treated with and responding to Ipi. For some reason, this area is a real problem. We are going to take a 2-3 week break, then start looking for Anti-PD1 trials.

Please keep me in mind if you learn anything about melanoma in this particular area, and I will do the same.

Peace, and best of luck.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
            Participant

Hi Gaby,

Peace, and best of luck.

Janet Lee

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics