The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some Good News

Forums General Melanoma Community Some Good News

Participant

We got some good news – Jeff is NED!!  PET and CT – CLEAR!!  Brain MRI – CLEAR!!!

High dose Interferon is done – YEAH!!  It was tough, but he did it!!

He just finished radiation and suffered some awful side effects (sore throat, thrush and blisters), but he is on the mend.

We got some good news – Jeff is NED!!  PET and CT – CLEAR!!  Brain MRI – CLEAR!!!

High dose Interferon is done – YEAH!!  It was tough, but he did it!!

He just finished radiation and suffered some awful side effects (sore throat, thrush and blisters), but he is on the mend.

He's going to try to do the low-dose Interefon regime…not sure if he'll continue because the side effects have been pretty awful (fevers of 103 and all night chills and rigors).  He's going to try, though.  I tell you, such bravery and courage in the face of this – he's an amazing young man (and I'm not just saying that because he is my kid)!! 

If he can't continue the low-dose IF, he'll try Leukine (Mayo's suggestion).

Right now we feel so blessed – he is NED!!!

I read this forum every day and pray constantly for all the warriors out there.

Jeff's MOM

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Glad to hear that Jeff's scans were so good!   Take the time to listen to Dr. Kirkwood's interview below on the post from Jim B.  He talks about the better results that have been found in trials with the full year of interfuron.  I hope Jeff is able to get through it.

Keep us posted!

Linda

Stage IV  since 06

lhaley
          Participant

Glad to hear that Jeff's scans were so good!   Take the time to listen to Dr. Kirkwood's interview below on the post from Jim B.  He talks about the better results that have been found in trials with the full year of interfuron.  I hope Jeff is able to get through it.

Keep us posted!

Linda

Stage IV  since 06

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Thanks Mom for sharing your Hallelujah moment! Happy dancing with Jeff and your entire family and prayers for ned to stay along time and that he does great on Interferon.

Lord, in Your mercy, we thank You for all these blessings this family is experiencing and pray for continued blessings. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Thanks Mom for sharing your Hallelujah moment! Happy dancing with Jeff and your entire family and prayers for ned to stay along time and that he does great on Interferon.

Lord, in Your mercy, we thank You for all these blessings this family is experiencing and pray for continued blessings. Thank You. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics