The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Some good news!

Forums General Melanoma Community Some good news!

Participant

I had my first ipi plus Nivo treatment about a month ago (my first ever any sort of treatment) and ended up with high fevers and vomiting, among other minor side effects. At first it was believed to be because my thyroid function was way off, hyperthyroidism. But after some time in the hospital and my thyroid improving but my fevers and vomiting getting higher and more frequent, my doctors were stumped. While in the hospital they started me on prednisone and I got better. I've been home a few days, and feel great aside from a lil diarrhea. 

Today I saw my oncologist to discuss how I feel now and where we go from here. He does not want to give me both ipi and Nivo since I had such a reaction to both, so he is going to keep me on Nivo every other week. This will start in 2-3 weeks once I am weened to a low enough dose of prednisone. 

While in the hospital, they did another ct scan. The tumors in my lungs are stable, no growth. There was previously an area in my intestine in which they were unsure if it was pooling of contrast, bowel "filling", or another met. Today that spot is gone off the ct completely! And the best news is there was a 2.4×2.0cm nodule in my intestine which is now 1.7×1.4cm!! So it's shrinking!! I know it's a little early to be so excited, but I just can't help it! the little bugger is shrinking!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

Eileen, best news ever!!!! Tumors that are shrinking, ya ho!!!  Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
          Participant

Eileen, best news ever!!!! Tumors that are shrinking, ya ho!!!  Wishing you the best. Ed

ed williams
            Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

That's great. Hope you get on nivo soon and everything continues to shrink. I was stunned after only 3 doses of keytruda 19 of my 30 tumors were shrinking. It is a wonderful feeling to know my own body with help from the magic med could shrink the cancer. That is wonderful yours is shrinking too.

Artie

Cee
                  Participant

YAY!  Great news!   Enjoy a little happy dance and here's to more good news for you as you roll along!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Cee
                    Participant

YAY!  Great news!   Enjoy a little happy dance and here's to more good news for you as you roll along!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Cee
                      Participant

arthurjedi007
                      Participant

That's great. Hope you get on nivo soon and everything continues to shrink. I was stunned after only 3 doses of keytruda 19 of my 30 tumors were shrinking. It is a wonderful feeling to know my own body with help from the magic med could shrink the cancer. That is wonderful yours is shrinking too.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                        Participant

Artie

_Paul_
                          Participant

That's awesome Eileen! Keep up the good work!

_Paul_
                            Participant

_Paul_
                              Participant

AshleyS
                                Participant

Great to hear!

AshleyS
                                  Participant

Great to hear!

AshleyS
                                    Participant

Great to hear!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics