The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

So when someone is in chat can we see from the BB?

Forums General Melanoma Community So when someone is in chat can we see from the BB?

Participant

Just wondering if this function is working and no one ever goes there anymore, or if it just hasn't been made fully functional yet.

I love the ability to upload your own avatar, and the expanded defaults.  BTW, what is a marquee and the 1000 credits thing?

I really miss all the people who used to chat.  It has gotten easeir and faster to enter the room thankfully.  Same for returning to the main BB after responding to a post.  My computer doesn't lock up for an hour after I hit the submit button.

TY.

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Kim K
        Participant

Oh, and how can I not chop off my head with my picture.  If I can't fix my head, then I will try to upload my donkey Amy Lee.  At least only her ears may get cut off, and perhaps a bit of her nose cheeky

Kim K
          Participant

Oh, and how can I not chop off my head with my picture.  If I can't fix my head, then I will try to upload my donkey Amy Lee.  At least only her ears may get cut off, and perhaps a bit of her nose cheeky

Kim K
            Participant

POW
                Participant

If the top of your head gets chopped off your photo, edit your photo on your computer (i.e., crop some off the bottom) and upload your photo again. You can edit and crop photos in many applications including Word.

POW
                  Participant

If the top of your head gets chopped off your photo, edit your photo on your computer (i.e., crop some off the bottom) and upload your photo again. You can edit and crop photos in many applications including Word.

POW
                    Participant

POW
                    Participant

Yes, when someone is in the chat room you see their screen name in the right hand navigation pane. Chat didn't work for a long time and I think people got out of the habit of using it; some newer members may not even realize that it exists.

Anyone who would like to get the chats going again should probably sign in to chat every time they come to the forum and just leave yourself signed in while you browse and read the posts. When others see your name they may join you for a chat. If enough people do this it may recuscitate the chat feature.

I keep my speakers turned off so I don't know if there is an audio signal when someone new joins the chat. Anybody else know about that?

Janner
                        Participant

Yes, I believe there is an audio signal when someone enters.  Unfortunately, the chat room status doesn't stand out very well.  In the old days, the chat room status and names was front and center (top left side of the BB) in a white window with blue background.  It was hard to miss.  This version is there if you know to look for it.

Janner
                          Participant

Yes, I believe there is an audio signal when someone enters.  Unfortunately, the chat room status doesn't stand out very well.  In the old days, the chat room status and names was front and center (top left side of the BB) in a white window with blue background.  It was hard to miss.  This version is there if you know to look for it.

Janner
                            Participant

POW
                            Participant

Yes, when someone is in the chat room you see their screen name in the right hand navigation pane. Chat didn't work for a long time and I think people got out of the habit of using it; some newer members may not even realize that it exists.

Anyone who would like to get the chats going again should probably sign in to chat every time they come to the forum and just leave yourself signed in while you browse and read the posts. When others see your name they may join you for a chat. If enough people do this it may recuscitate the chat feature.

I keep my speakers turned off so I don't know if there is an audio signal when someone new joins the chat. Anybody else know about that?

POW
                              Participant

Charlie S
                                Participant

Unfortunately, there a re a lot of people at MRF that think they are "smarter" than the rest of us and think they know what is best for us. But few actually come forward with a voice forward

In the day, Chat was a lifeline, but the MRF in the quest to improve what they thought best for us killed the very essence of MPIP..  So instead we are left with "shiny toys" that best suit THEM………..not us

Even a Chicken Little full responder to IL2————————————who just happens to be the Chairman of the Board of the MRF.does not speak up here  http://www.melanoma.org/about-us/executive-leadership-board/letter-from-the-chairman

The MRF has does it's best to "beautify" melanoma, but still forgets where MPIP came from.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                  Participant

Unfortunately, there a re a lot of people at MRF that think they are "smarter" than the rest of us and think they know what is best for us. But few actually come forward with a voice forward

In the day, Chat was a lifeline, but the MRF in the quest to improve what they thought best for us killed the very essence of MPIP..  So instead we are left with "shiny toys" that best suit THEM………..not us

Even a Chicken Little full responder to IL2————————————who just happens to be the Chairman of the Board of the MRF.does not speak up here  http://www.melanoma.org/about-us/executive-leadership-board/letter-from-the-chairman

The MRF has does it's best to "beautify" melanoma, but still forgets where MPIP came from.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Charlie S

Marialuv

Hi dear,
                                        my name is Maria am a young girl, it give's me a great pleasure to write you when i saw your profile i became interested in you, If you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other and see what happens, i will be very happy if you can write me back through my email address ([email protected]) to enable me send you some of my pictures and also introduce my self fully to you.
                                        thanks so much and i will be hoping to hear from you soon.
                                        Yours new friend, Maria.

Marialuv

Hi dear,
                                          my name is Maria am a young girl, it give's me a great pleasure to write you when i saw your profile i became interested in you, If you will have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other and see what happens, i will be very happy if you can write me back through my email address ([email protected]) to enable me send you some of my pictures and also introduce my self fully to you.
                                          Yours new friend, Maria.

Marialuv

Hi dear,
                                            Yours new friend, Maria.

Kim K
                                            Participant

Thanks all (except the Maria chick) LMAO!

Kim K
                                              Participant

Kim K
                                                Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics