The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

So nervous

Forums General Melanoma Community So nervous

Participant

It's scan week. Brain MRI and chest/pelvis/abdomen CT scans. We get the results next Tuesday. Shane's had a cough for the past month so I'm expecting that the dabrafenib and tramentinib likely aren't working in the lungs anymore. It could go either way for the liver or brain but no idea where else it may have progressed less the spine as he's having back pain lately. We expect him to be switched to an anti pd-1 inhibitor likely pembrolizumab once progression is confirmed. Unfortunately our health care doesn't cover the combo and Shane is still ineligible for any trials. And still I'm worried about his steroid use to control symptoms in combo with the pembro. Guess I'm just a bag of nerves this week. 

Janis 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof4boys
        Participant
          I can see why you’re a bag of nerves! I just wanted to say Im so sorry you have all of that to deal with…mel sucks! One day at a time. Lots of prayers for you and your hubby.
          Scooby123
          Participant

Thinking of Shane and you, know how hard it is when scans are due. Keep strong .

Scooby x

AliCat61
            Participant

You have every right to be a bundle of nerves. If your insurance doesn't cover the medications that are prescribed by your doctor, please contact the Drug Manufacturer about their Patient Assistance Programs. It is possible that they can help. Both Merck (Keytruda/Pembrolizumab) and Bristol Myers (Yervoy/Opdivo) have patient assistance programs. Being a caregiver can be very difficult, Please be good to yourself and remember to take to breathe. Sending warm hugs your way!

UBContributor
              Participant

have u checkemb d online "whar to do if insurance denied"? I saw few useful and workable advises how to deal with such denials. We are all with you. 

raun cesar
                Participant

Sorry to hear, these are hard times for you and Shane. It is okay to be worried in a this complex situation and was been through denials in the past. Hope will improve for you

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics