The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

So Frustrated

Forums General Melanoma Community So Frustrated

Participant

The large seroma is causing a huge knot of muscles which is getting larger, below the large seroma on my inner leg. It's impossible to get that knot out because of so much pressure from the seroma. The two smaller ones weren't drained but at least they don't hurt.

So, the surgeon told me that the seroma would probably have to be drained more than once so I called this morning for an app't some time this week. But due to the holiday yesterday which is the surgeon's clinic (Monday) day to see patients, clinic has been canceled this week and there's no app'ts. Ugh. Not even to see a resident or another doctor. This is nuts. So going in next week. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Michelle820
        Participant

I am so sorry you have to wait. Hopefully it will be the last visit and you will be feeling much better soon:)

Michelle820
          Participant

I am so sorry you have to wait. Hopefully it will be the last visit and you will be feeling much better soon:)

Michelle820
            Participant

debwray
              Participant

Hi Aloha,

Are you sure its a knot of muscle or could it be tissue congested with lymph that feels firmer than surrounding tissue ?  It might be that the seroma is forming an obstacle that your system needs to work round. I did try body brush stroking in the direction indicated by the simple drainage techniques. Doesn't mean permanent lymphoedema- just channels need to readjust….

So in your case you would be trying to sweep ezcess lymph from the lower inner thigh towards the outside of your thigh and upwards- if it is this problem., to get past the block/watershed…

Might not be any good but I recognize the impact the problem can have on everyday life… These cover basics– so sorry this problemis continuing for you-all should be fine with time given not a large number of nodes removed…

https://www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/web/data/lymphdrainagelegs_web-1.pdf

https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/files_trust/lymphoedema_2.pdf

debwray
                Participant

Hi Aloha,

Are you sure its a knot of muscle or could it be tissue congested with lymph that feels firmer than surrounding tissue ?  It might be that the seroma is forming an obstacle that your system needs to work round. I did try body brush stroking in the direction indicated by the simple drainage techniques. Doesn't mean permanent lymphoedema- just channels need to readjust….

So in your case you would be trying to sweep ezcess lymph from the lower inner thigh towards the outside of your thigh and upwards- if it is this problem., to get past the block/watershed…

Might not be any good but I recognize the impact the problem can have on everyday life… These cover basics– so sorry this problemis continuing for you-all should be fine with time given not a large number of nodes removed…

https://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/files_trust/lymphoedema_2.pdf

debwray
                  Participant

Hi Aloha,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics