The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

sks2019 ..last update

Forums General Melanoma Community sks2019 ..last update

Participant
      Hello MRF Family, Providing the last update on mom. Breaks my heart to write mom passed away on Saturday 12/05/2020. Two years after her daignosis. This forum gave me so much strentgh to fight this with her. She is cancer free and free of all pains now. I Pray to God that we find a cure for this. My mom was a vegetarian, never smoked or had alcohol. Her stress levels were vey low as she was a homemaker. She was a very spritual person from a very young age. she was 58 when she was diagnosed. She was content that she has completed all her wordly duties as a wife, mother and a grandmother.
      Grandkids that she helped raise are hertbroken but console themselves that she is not in any pain anymore.
      Special thanks to Ed, Bubbles, Mel for always helping me out to adress any questions i had. You guys are doing a great service.

Bye Bye

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Oh, sweetie. I am ever so sorry for your loss. You were an amazing daughter to your mom. So many have to fight such a journey alone, but because of you she did not. She sounds like an amazing, loving soul who shared a wonderful life with many. I am glad she passed in peace. May her memory be a blessing to all who knew her. I wish you my best. celeste
          MelMel
          Participant
            Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your mother. Memories, that is all we ever have. Hope you keep wonderful memories of your mother close in your heart and may her grandchildren be blessed and consider themselves extremely lucky to have known her. Being brought up by a grandmother is a privilege denied to many.
            Peace and many blessings.
            Melanie
            THMoore
            Participant
              I’m so sorry for your loss. Your mom was a warrior. We all love you and know prayers and hugs will be with you and your family.

Angel Hugs
              Trent

sing123
              Participant
                So very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Too young. Big hugs to you and your family.
                casagrayson
                Participant
                  I’m so very sorry to hear this. Your mom fought a great fight, and she was lucky to have you by her side. I’m sure she want you to go find joy in your memories, and in living your best life. Take care.
                  JudiAU
                  Participant
                    I am so sorry for your loss. You showed just love in your care for you mother. Peace to all of your family.
                    Evan2027
                    Participant
                      sks2019,

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she lived a full life and accomplished all that she wanted to in life. My father also recently died and you are so correct that knowing your loved one is not in pain anymore is consoling. For what it’s worth we received a card from a family friend that had a quote that perfectly described grief from Jamie Anderson (no idea who that is). “Grief, I’ve learned is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat and in the hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.” Though I think over time you learn to spread that love in different ways.

-Evan

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics