The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Six years ago today…

Forums General Melanoma Community Six years ago today…

Participant

I had the SNB/WLE and skin graft that, I think,  was the true beginning of  my journey through melanoma.  I remember finding the board and being too afraid to even look at the posts as I am superstitious beyond belief! 

I had the SNB/WLE and skin graft that, I think,  was the true beginning of  my journey through melanoma.  I remember finding the board and being too afraid to even look at the posts as I am superstitious beyond belief! 

SO six years, lost pathology, BCC, one recurrence, SCC, 2 atypical moles and dozens of biopsies have put me in place where fear is a bit of a more tame monster.  My dear friend, Carver, once said that somebody has to be on the good side of the statistics.  Goes to show how powerful words can be, ‘cos that one kind statement gave me a completely different perspective.

In all honesty, I can say that this site helps people.  It is different now, but the fact remains that it is still here and there are still so many people here with so much to give. 

And I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support and friendship.

Take good care, K.

PS I recently created a profile for the first time…I always thought that it would make it all to real to have an archive or something…geez, superstition and all…  Amazingly, I didn’t blow up.  Silly, silly me!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Carver
        Participant

Dear Kim,

What a happy post to read and so encouraging. I’m glad you didn’t blow up after creating a profile but believe me I knokw about superstition. There are things I’m very superstitious about. I’m greatful to have gotten to know you through the MPIP. As ever in friendship, Carver

King
          Participant

Kim,

Good to see you and the doggies here.  As you might remember, I was diagnosed in 2004 as well.  I don’t know what would have happened to me without the people on this Board.  Drop by more often!

Stay Strong
            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics