The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community side effects

Participant

i had strong doses of radiation on the side of my face and a lump on my chest.  Both lums are almost gone.  That has been 3-4 months ago.

I am now almost an invalid. I am weak all the time. 24/7.And I mean really weak.  At times my whole body will tingle and feel like it is numb.  My ankles tingle all the time.  I walk with a cane.  If the whole body isn't tingling, the weakness is from waist down.  I can't do anything.

i had strong doses of radiation on the side of my face and a lump on my chest.  Both lums are almost gone.  That has been 3-4 months ago.

I am now almost an invalid. I am weak all the time. 24/7.And I mean really weak.  At times my whole body will tingle and feel like it is numb.  My ankles tingle all the time.  I walk with a cane.  If the whole body isn't tingling, the weakness is from waist down.  I can't do anything.

Has anyone had this sort of side effect from radiation.  The Dr. said the 17-18 treatments were very strong.. I had golf ball size lumps.

Of course I am stage iv melanoma.

Doctors seem baffled.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Dear NEBR78,

I had some fatigue after both rounds of radiation but nto the tingling and extreme weakness you are describing. I am pleased with the response to yout tumors though, that they are getting smaller. Are you alone? Do you have any support services or family whoa re looking out for you, bringing in meals? I would keep asking the doctors. Have they checked all your labs recently??

Glad you updated us even if you are terribly weak. 

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Dear NEBR78,

I had some fatigue after both rounds of radiation but nto the tingling and extreme weakness you are describing. I am pleased with the response to yout tumors though, that they are getting smaller. Are you alone? Do you have any support services or family whoa re looking out for you, bringing in meals? I would keep asking the doctors. Have they checked all your labs recently??

Glad you updated us even if you are terribly weak. 

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics