The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Side Effects from Ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community Side Effects from Ipi

Participant

Please let me know if you have had any serious side effects from ipi

Please let me know if you have had any serious side effects from ipi

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        mygirlmaddy
        Participant

My husband took Ipi and ended up in the hospital with a severe headache.  It turned out to be a swollen pituitary gland (aka hypofecitis).  His pituitary is permanently damaged and he has to take steroids and testosterone and thyroid medication.

mygirlmaddy
          Participant

My husband took Ipi and ended up in the hospital with a severe headache.  It turned out to be a swollen pituitary gland (aka hypofecitis).  His pituitary is permanently damaged and he has to take steroids and testosterone and thyroid medication.

Gene_S
            Participant

In the searech part of this page type in ipi side efffects and you will see many posts from previous posts

Gene_S
              Participant

In the searech part of this page type in ipi side efffects and you will see many posts from previous posts

[email protected]
                Participant

My father just finished up a 4 dose cycle of Ipi with no serious side effects.  He has rash on his trunk that was barely noticeable and caused nothing more than an occassional itch. 

Lisa13
                    Participant

I'm going on my 3rd infusion and havn't had any serious side effects. Please keep in mind that the serious side effects are only serious when you let them get that way. Anything that doesn't seem normal to you should be reported to the Dr. For example, if someone was to have 4 bowel movements a day and not say anything, this could become serious and life threatning. Most of the serious side effects happen in a very small percentage of people. The most common side effects are diarrhea, rash, itching and fatigue all of which can become serious if you let them get out of control.

Don't worry so much about what might happen to you – just worry about getting better 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Lisa – Stage 4

Lisa13
                      Participant

I'm going on my 3rd infusion and havn't had any serious side effects. Please keep in mind that the serious side effects are only serious when you let them get that way. Anything that doesn't seem normal to you should be reported to the Dr. For example, if someone was to have 4 bowel movements a day and not say anything, this could become serious and life threatning. Most of the serious side effects happen in a very small percentage of people. The most common side effects are diarrhea, rash, itching and fatigue all of which can become serious if you let them get out of control.

Don't worry so much about what might happen to you – just worry about getting better 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Lisa – Stage 4

[email protected]
                      Participant

My father just finished up a 4 dose cycle of Ipi with no serious side effects.  He has rash on his trunk that was barely noticeable and caused nothing more than an occassional itch. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics