The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Shrinkage, Stable, and the Shingles??

Forums General Melanoma Community Shrinkage, Stable, and the Shingles??

Participant

Dear ALL fellow Met-mel fighters:  Just had MRI /CT scans:  very grateful about results:  

1)  No spread to other organs.  

2) Lung numerous tumors have shrunk dramatically or are gone.  A couple just stable but small.  Big medial hilar region that poped up also regressed.

3) Multiple brain tumors have mostly shrunk (regressed) or just stable.  Some or most could be just plain old dead! I hope.

Dear ALL fellow Met-mel fighters:  Just had MRI /CT scans:  very grateful about results:  

1)  No spread to other organs.  

2) Lung numerous tumors have shrunk dramatically or are gone.  A couple just stable but small.  Big medial hilar region that poped up also regressed.

3) Multiple brain tumors have mostly shrunk (regressed) or just stable.  Some or most could be just plain old dead! I hope.

4) Been on Zelboraf for almost 5 weeks……developed some "sores" that Mayo Dr. on Friday is convinced is Shingles!  I can deal with that, but strange.  Anyone else heard of such?

Background:  Since May 2009 several chemo & interferon.  Feb. had 7 brain tumors SRS zapped, and 10 days WBR.   Did regimine of Yervoy March thru May of 2011.  Started Zelboraf Aug. 19th? and still on it.  

I should have already been dead- Just very thankful that something- all of the above perhaps- has kept me mostly stable or regressed; but not naive enuff to think i'm anywhere close to being "Outta the woods"

Love ALL,  Grady.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Grady,

Glad to hear a good update!  I hope they are able to get the shingles in control.  Sounds like you are being a very good responder. Keep it up and post everyonce and awhile so we know how your doing.

Enjoy!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Grady,

Glad to hear a good update!  I hope they are able to get the shingles in control.  Sounds like you are being a very good responder. Keep it up and post everyonce and awhile so we know how your doing.

Enjoy!

Linda

momof2kids
            Participant

Im happy to hear that you got some good news with some of the tumors have shrunk/gone away.

As far as shingles, I don't know about sores, but I got my 1st case of these last week, looked like a little rash, and all a sudden it turned nasty , luckily my melanoma doctor saw me 2 days after I noticed it, and they gave me the medicine to make it go away. It's scabbed over, but I still have the damn pain that comes with it that wraps around my body right now, which is starting to go away a bit. NOT A FAN OF THOSE AT ALL!

I hope that your other tumors start to shrink and continue to offer you more time on this earth and they keep finding new ways to beat this damn cancer.

momof2kids
              Participant

Im happy to hear that you got some good news with some of the tumors have shrunk/gone away.

As far as shingles, I don't know about sores, but I got my 1st case of these last week, looked like a little rash, and all a sudden it turned nasty , luckily my melanoma doctor saw me 2 days after I noticed it, and they gave me the medicine to make it go away. It's scabbed over, but I still have the damn pain that comes with it that wraps around my body right now, which is starting to go away a bit. NOT A FAN OF THOSE AT ALL!

I hope that your other tumors start to shrink and continue to offer you more time on this earth and they keep finding new ways to beat this damn cancer.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Amaziing how our thoughts have chamged since diagnosis.  Stable has gotten to be a so much better word than we would have ever thought!  Of course reduction is even better, Whoopeee!

Lisa13
                    Participant

Hi Grady,

I'm so happy for your news!  I see lots of words I like, "shrinkage, regression, stable, etc" – love it!

I hope for continued success for you.

Lisa – Stage 4

Lisa13
                      Participant

Hi Grady,

I'm so happy for your news!  I see lots of words I like, "shrinkage, regression, stable, etc" – love it!

I hope for continued success for you.

Lisa – Stage 4

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Amaziing how our thoughts have chamged since diagnosis.  Stable has gotten to be a so much better word than we would have ever thought!  Of course reduction is even better, Whoopeee!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics