The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Should I Worry Again

Forums General Melanoma Community Should I Worry Again

Participant

Diagnosed with scalp (crown) melanoma, 1.65mm depth, no ulceration, December 2015. CT and PET were clear, SLNB resulted in removal and biopsy of 11 LN, all clear. Excision of scalp with clean margins (skin graft from thigh). No issues for several months, seeing my derm every three months. Last week I have felt more tired, a little dizzy and some headaches. I have been through a tremendous amount of stress as my much younger wife recently had a stroke at 46yoa. My blood pressure has probably been elevated quite a bit so perhaps I need to consider that as a source for some headaches.

Should I be concerned about brain mets and go to my oncologist? I suspect some have had scalp mel, had it excised and lived a normal life? Perhaps I shouldn't automatically assume I have brain tumors. I am stressed so I am sure that's not helping with symptoms. I had been trying to exercise and figure out my new normal. 

I aplogize for ranting.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        gregisblessed
        Participant

And oh, I freely admit I am a hypochondriac. 🙂

casagrayson
            Participant

From one fellow hypochoncriac to another, I believe that if you go to your doctor and tell him your symptoms, and tell him what has been going on in your life, you will be told "that is SOME stress you are under, and those symptoms are probably a direct result of such stress".  I'm not trying to minimize, but you are having some tough stuff to deal with, and I'm not surprised you are showing signs of fatigue.  How are you sleeping?  
              I'd go see my doctor if I were you, but I would expect to be offered something to help with the stress, not a head CT or other imaging.

gregisblessed
              Participant

Thanks, I needed that. Sometimes, it's nice to read words that provide hope and encouragement. I am going to see the oncologist but since it takes awhile to get office time, I will have a longer timeline to consider the symptoms and if they're related to something more serious.

MichelleRHG
              Participant
                Hi Greg. I just looked at your profile and I live in the city where you are treated! I don’t go to Markey but hear great things about it. I hope your wife is recovering well and that you can find some peace soon. God bless.

I'd call the oncologist and discuss your symptoms.  Stress and elevated blood pressure could certainly explain your symptoms but better to be safe than sorry.  I hope your wife's recovery goes smoothly.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics