The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Should I be concern about my mole; need advice

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Should I be concern about my mole; need advice

Participant

Hello,

So I had this mole on my scalp forever now, and it always had a white center in it. is quite big and raised, but I do think its getting even whiter in the center, aka the whitness has increased.. the whitness does have brown mole borders, as if the white spot would be in the middle normal mole

anyways for some reason i cant find any examples of a mole like that being normal… or being cancerous…… which is very concerning

Was wondering if anyone had same experience, or know if perhaps mole like that can be normal?

Just grasping for hope here. I am currently a student researching bowel cancers biomarkers and was supposed to go onto research of leukemia soon. would be very ironic if my mole comes back as cancerous….

thanks for reading

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant

Good morning,

Best thing to do is to have it professionally evaluated.  As moles that look bad often are non cancerous and vice-versa, the only way to tell for sure is have it examined, excised and a full path report.  We have many learned people on this board, but none can give u a definitive answer.  Seeing a dermatologist is your vest course.  Good luck!

SABKLYN
          Participant

Good morning,

Best thing to do is to have it professionally evaluated.  As moles that look bad often are non cancerous and vice-versa, the only way to tell for sure is have it examined, excised and a full path report.  We have many learned people on this board, but none can give u a definitive answer.  Seeing a dermatologist is your vest course.  Good luck!

Jamie1960
              Participant

Completely agree – "scary" thing on my scalp turned out to be a benign sebaceous cyst.

"Insect bite" on my arm turned out to be melanoma.

Seek professional advice and be agressive when anything presents as either actual melanoma or severe atypia.

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics