The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sharyn P from Canada

Forums General Melanoma Community Sharyn P from Canada

Participant

It has been awhile since Sharyn has posted. I am worried. Anyone know how Sharyn is doing????

It has been awhile since Sharyn has posted. I am worried. Anyone know how Sharyn is doing????

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Last week she posted pictures of herself on facebook having a good time in Florida!!  smiley

lhaley
          Participant

Last week she posted pictures of herself on facebook having a good time in Florida!!  smiley

Sharyn
            Participant

I'm doing fine! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been too busy travelling and having a ball with my hubby Jim. We started out in Montreal on Nov 24, I had my 4th ipi infusion on the 25th, we shopped and dined for a couple of days, then flew to Las Vegas via Toronto on the 27th. There, it was steady go-go-go. Saw the Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, and Cirque du Soleil's "Love" the Beatles. Went to Mme Tussauds wax museum, Sigfreid and Roy's Secret Garden, up the Eiffel Tower, played lots of slots, won some, lost some, pretty much broke even. Then we flew to Tampa via Houston and spent a full week of total R&R at Jim's dad's condo on the Gulf of Mexico. Did some Christmas shopping, ate out at a nice restaurant just about every night, and got lulled to sleep by the gentle waves every night. Absolute Paradise!!! On Tues Dec 7th we headed back to Montreal via Toronto for my 12 week scan on Dec 8th, and I'll get the results in a few weeks. That night we flew back home to Newfoundland, and after a few hours of sleep, headed up to our cabin (cottage) on Thurs. We just came back this afternoon. 

Dr Mihalcioiu was pretty pleased with my sub-q tumors, as they had seemed smaller to him. But his concern is more for the lung mets, and even moreso for the brain mets, and we won't know how things are there until we get the CT scan results. In the meantime, I am still totally asymptomatic, no sign of side effects from ipi, and full of energy as usual. I plan to make this Christmas one of the best ever! It was this time last year that I had just finished WBR and had started Temodar, and back then, I honestly thought that I wouldn't be alive for next Christmas. Yet, here I am, just as good as ever, and hoping for a long stretch of this "healthy" feeling.

Whoever you are, annonymous, thank you so much for asking about me. That's so sweet!

Hugs

Sharyn

Sharyn
              Participant

I'm doing fine! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been too busy travelling and having a ball with my hubby Jim. We started out in Montreal on Nov 24, I had my 4th ipi infusion on the 25th, we shopped and dined for a couple of days, then flew to Las Vegas via Toronto on the 27th. There, it was steady go-go-go. Saw the Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, and Cirque du Soleil's "Love" the Beatles. Went to Mme Tussauds wax museum, Sigfreid and Roy's Secret Garden, up the Eiffel Tower, played lots of slots, won some, lost some, pretty much broke even. Then we flew to Tampa via Houston and spent a full week of total R&R at Jim's dad's condo on the Gulf of Mexico. Did some Christmas shopping, ate out at a nice restaurant just about every night, and got lulled to sleep by the gentle waves every night. Absolute Paradise!!! On Tues Dec 7th we headed back to Montreal via Toronto for my 12 week scan on Dec 8th, and I'll get the results in a few weeks. That night we flew back home to Newfoundland, and after a few hours of sleep, headed up to our cabin (cottage) on Thurs. We just came back this afternoon. 

Dr Mihalcioiu was pretty pleased with my sub-q tumors, as they had seemed smaller to him. But his concern is more for the lung mets, and even moreso for the brain mets, and we won't know how things are there until we get the CT scan results. In the meantime, I am still totally asymptomatic, no sign of side effects from ipi, and full of energy as usual. I plan to make this Christmas one of the best ever! It was this time last year that I had just finished WBR and had started Temodar, and back then, I honestly thought that I wouldn't be alive for next Christmas. Yet, here I am, just as good as ever, and hoping for a long stretch of this "healthy" feeling.

Whoever you are, annonymous, thank you so much for asking about me. That's so sweet!

Hugs

Sharyn

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics