The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Sharing hope….

Forums General Melanoma Community Sharing hope….

Participant

To all of you:

CT's of chest, neck, abdomen and pelvis along with an MRI of the brain were all negative today.

133 months post original melanoma diagnosis in 2003.  53 months Stage IV.  47 months NED.  45 months since start of my Nivolumab (BMS' anti-PD1)  trial in Tampa.  15 months since my last infusion.

I feel incredibly lucky and amazed  and grateful and strange and undeserving…to be here…and to be able to share this news with all of you.  I do so to wish you hope and strength in all your journeys and struggles.

Yours, Celeste

Viewing 47 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Celeste, awesome news for you and your family!  It is indeed hopeful and inspiring to hear from you and others that have achieved durable NED status.  I'm grateful that you've not only not abandoned the melanoma community (I think I'd be outta here!), but rather you continue to be a great resource.

Mat
          Participant

Celeste, awesome news for you and your family!  It is indeed hopeful and inspiring to hear from you and others that have achieved durable NED status.  I'm grateful that you've not only not abandoned the melanoma community (I think I'd be outta here!), but rather you continue to be a great resource.

Mat
            Participant

sweetaugust
              Participant

Fantastic news Celeste!!  I am so happy for you!  Loved hearing that!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Laurie

sweetaugust
                Participant

Laurie

sweetaugust
                  Participant

Laurie

SABKLYN
                    Participant

Terrific news C!

SABKLYN
                      Participant

Terrific news C!

SABKLYN
                        Participant

Terrific news C!

RJoeyB
                          Participant

When it comes to good news on scans, the word "congratulations", just doesn't quite seem to capture the feeling, but it's all I've got ๐Ÿ˜‰  So congratulations, that really is terrific news!  Thanks for continuing to stay connected to the community and encouraging others.

Best, Joe

RJoeyB
                            Participant

When it comes to good news on scans, the word "congratulations", just doesn't quite seem to capture the feeling, but it's all I've got ๐Ÿ˜‰  So congratulations, that really is terrific news!  Thanks for continuing to stay connected to the community and encouraging others.

Best, Joe

RJoeyB
                              Participant

Best, Joe

5dives
                                Participant

That is fantastic news, Celeste! Thanks for sharing it. Keep up the good work out there! 

Elaine

5dives
                                  Participant

That is fantastic news, Celeste! Thanks for sharing it. Keep up the good work out there! 

Elaine

5dives
                                    Participant

Elaine

casagrayson
                                      Participant

Celeste,

That is remarkable!  So happy for you!  Don't let this become a case of survivor's guilt … folks like you who do so well are a source of hope for everyone else!!

casagrayson
                                        Participant

Celeste,

That is remarkable!  So happy for you!  Don't let this become a case of survivor's guilt … folks like you who do so well are a source of hope for everyone else!!

casagrayson
                                          Participant

Celeste,

jualonso
                                            Participant

Oh congratulations!!!

I dont know you so much, but im sure you deserve it. Thanks for helping us to improve our lives.

Juan (jualonso)

jualonso
                                              Participant

Oh congratulations!!!

I dont know you so much, but im sure you deserve it. Thanks for helping us to improve our lives.

Juan (jualonso)

jualonso
                                                Participant

Oh congratulations!!!

Juan (jualonso)

arthurjedi007
                                                  Participant

That is fantastic Celeste. You deserve it and many many more NED years.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                    Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                                                      Participant

Artie

katie1
                                                        Participant

So Happy for you and your family!

Kate

katie1
                                                          Participant

Kate

katie1
                                                            Participant

Kate

BrianP
                                                              Participant

Thanks for sharing Celeste.  That is great news and hope for us all.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                Participant

Brian

BrianP
                                                                  Participant

Brian

ed williams
                                                                    Participant

Celeste, that is great news! When and where is the party being held?  You know what I find funny about stage 4 Melanoma people ? We feel guilty when we win against Melanoma!! We sign up to be lab rats (Mice) , we wait for scan results with our fingers crossed, we learn to role with the punches when things don't go as planned. Many people come to this forum looking for answers and find them with the help of people like you Celeste. So, if no one has given you a pat on the back today and said thank you for all the thinks you do, here come a pat and thank you, all the way from Canada.  

ed williams
                                                                      Participant

Celeste, that is great news! When and where is the party being held?  You know what I find funny about stage 4 Melanoma people ? We feel guilty when we win against Melanoma!! We sign up to be lab rats (Mice) , we wait for scan results with our fingers crossed, we learn to role with the punches when things don't go as planned. Many people come to this forum looking for answers and find them with the help of people like you Celeste. So, if no one has given you a pat on the back today and said thank you for all the thinks you do, here come a pat and thank you, all the way from Canada.  

Bubbles
                                                                          Participant

Ed, I can not tell you how many times you have made me laugh out loud.  This time you brought tears to my eyes!  Now, what did you go and do that for, eh???  Where from in Canada?  My husband and I just had a wonderful trip to Nova Scotia, then round about from Liverpool to Yarmouth, up the Evangeline trail, to Look Off over the Anapolis valley, hiking in Kegi (inland and seaside), Lunenburg…..just lovely!!!  Certainly helped me understand the Tim Horton's/BK merger!!!! Thanks, for being you!!! c

Bubbles
                                                                            Participant

Ed, I can not tell you how many times you have made me laugh out loud.  This time you brought tears to my eyes!  Now, what did you go and do that for, eh???  Where from in Canada?  My husband and I just had a wonderful trip to Nova Scotia, then round about from Liverpool to Yarmouth, up the Evangeline trail, to Look Off over the Anapolis valley, hiking in Kegi (inland and seaside), Lunenburg…..just lovely!!!  Certainly helped me understand the Tim Horton's/BK merger!!!! Thanks, for being you!!! c

Bubbles
                                                                              Participant

ed williams
                                                                                Participant

I start every morning with a ride to Tim Horton's for my morning shot of eye opening coffee. Celeste, I live in a small town 30 min out of Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. Where I have been trying to teach Math and Science to middle and high school kids for 20 years. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Nova Scotia, the people down east (as we call them) are know for being really friendly. Ed

ed williams
                                                                                  Participant

I start every morning with a ride to Tim Horton's for my morning shot of eye opening coffee. Celeste, I live in a small town 30 min out of Ottawa, the capital city of Canada. Where I have been trying to teach Math and Science to middle and high school kids for 20 years. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Nova Scotia, the people down east (as we call them) are know for being really friendly. Ed

ed williams
                                                                                    Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                      Participant

They WERE really NICE!!!  Sign says…drive on the right side of the road unless passing….AND THEY DO!!!  Nothing like the drivers in Atlanta or TN for that matter!!!  I understand the "trying" aspect of teaching.  My daughter is teaching Algebra II to 11/12th graders in an inner city school…when she can break up the fights, cajole folks into sitting down, wake-up…oh!…and occasionally doing their work!  Have had a lovely time in NS and Quebec!  Gonna have to check out Ottawa next!  Glad you get your Timmie on!  c

Bubbles
                                                                                        Participant

They WERE really NICE!!!  Sign says…drive on the right side of the road unless passing….AND THEY DO!!!  Nothing like the drivers in Atlanta or TN for that matter!!!  I understand the "trying" aspect of teaching.  My daughter is teaching Algebra II to 11/12th graders in an inner city school…when she can break up the fights, cajole folks into sitting down, wake-up…oh!…and occasionally doing their work!  Have had a lovely time in NS and Quebec!  Gonna have to check out Ottawa next!  Glad you get your Timmie on!  c

Bubbles
                                                                                          Participant

ed williams
                                                                                          Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                            Participant

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments.  I appreciate each of you more than you know.  Will be seeing the Wizard Weber in Tampa next week.  Will let you know if I learn anything amazing!  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                                              Participant

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments.  I appreciate each of you more than you know.  Will be seeing the Wizard Weber in Tampa next week.  Will let you know if I learn anything amazing!  Yours, Celeste

buffcody
                                                                                                  Participant

I was catching up this morning on a week's worth of postings and before I came to this one was reflecting on how much loving, helpful, and wise-knowledgeable service you provide to so many of us.  Then this wonderful news of the continuing course of your personal ongoing remission!  Thank you for all you do for us your companions.  I hope your remission lasts a long lifetime!!

buffcody
                                                                                                    Participant

I was catching up this morning on a week's worth of postings and before I came to this one was reflecting on how much loving, helpful, and wise-knowledgeable service you provide to so many of us.  Then this wonderful news of the continuing course of your personal ongoing remission!  Thank you for all you do for us your companions.  I hope your remission lasts a long lifetime!!

buffcody
                                                                                                      Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                                      Participant

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                        Participant

Awesome! Great news! Your posts on this site are incredibly helpful and very much appreciated. Stories lke this keep everybody marching forward through various treatments and hoping for similar long term NED status outcome. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                          Participant

Awesome! Great news! Your posts on this site are incredibly helpful and very much appreciated. Stories lke this keep everybody marching forward through various treatments and hoping for similar long term NED status outcome. 

LuckyMan51
                                                                                                            Participant

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                Participant

I am so grateful to you and ecstatic about your good news. You are everything a good nurse should be.

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                  Participant

I am so grateful to you and ecstatic about your good news. You are everything a good nurse should be.

Marianne quinn
                                                                                                                    Participant

Maureen038
                                                                                                                      Participant

That's fantastic news Celeste!!! Thank you so much for your excellent blog and your very helpful advice here. 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                        Participant

That's fantastic news Celeste!!! Thank you so much for your excellent blog and your very helpful advice here. 

Maureen

Maureen038
                                                                                                                          Participant

Maureen

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                          Participant

Love the report, Gal.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                            Participant

Love the report, Gal.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                              Participant

Love the report, Gal.

rick1981
                                                                                                                                Participant

Two thumbs up! ๐Ÿ™‚

rick1981
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Two thumbs up! ๐Ÿ™‚

rick1981
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Two thumbs up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thanks, guys!!! Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Thanks, guys!!! Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thanks, guys!!! Love, c

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                            Participant

Celeste – What wonderful news!  And thank you so much for sharing.  It does give hope to people like me.  I hope you continue to remain NED until your 130th birthday.

Maggie

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Celeste – What wonderful news!  And thank you so much for sharing.  It does give hope to people like me.  I hope you continue to remain NED until your 130th birthday.

Maggie

DZnDef
                                                                                                                                                Participant

Maggie

Viewing 47 reply threads
                                                                                                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics